• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two E-mail Handlers???

I seem to have two separate programs managing my e-mail. I am using ONE gmail address. When I get ONE incoming email, I get TWO notifications with different audible alerts. Seems as tho the phone is managing e-mail, and gmail is managing e-mail. In my status bar I get two notifications. One black "M" and one red "M". The red "M" is associated with my gmail widget (which is the handler I want to keep). The only way to acess the black "M" is to slide down the notifications window. That's just waaaay too much trouble!! lol

If I don't enable "sync email", the black "M" (with 3000+ freakin emails in it) stops. But then the red "M" (Gmail widget) suffers. It takes 30 mintes to receive mail. Not good since I prefer "instant emailing" over "instant messaging"! I am blonde, and all that IM'ing can get confusing!! [grin]

Thanks for your help my friends!

Becca!
Verizon LG Revolution, VS910 4G, Runnng factory intact IOS Android v. 2.2.2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones