• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Two Releases Two Days, Froyo Anyone? - Sapphire 0.6.0

Yeah, the option is not there. Don't believe everything you read :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

CAP201006261341.jpg

CAP2010062613411.jpg

CAP2010062613412.jpg

Weird. It's on mine. I am using the nexfro themed FB. Also, once I did this, I then went into the droid settings and verified it was there. Guess I am just lucky since this option isn't there. :D

*sorry about the image size.

Upvote 0
FWIW, I have the same issue... nice screenshots, but my FB app only shows the help and no sync option at all. Uninstalled and reinstalled both from the Market and from a Titanium backup... no sync option.

The facebook sync issue is a "ROM specific" issue with the "built from source" ROMs. Posting inaccurate information causes people to waste their time like the above quote shows. No amount of work on the user's end can fix this issue.

Please understand the difference between Android issues...and issues with specific ROMs. If you are not running the Sapphire ROM, you may not have the same issues as the people who are running it and are discussing it in the correct forum. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Sorry for the misinformation. I did not realize that it was not an application specific problem.

It's cool, I'm glad you posted the fact that you were running a different ROM...I just know that people will spend HOURS trying to figure out why their facebook sync isn't working when your is.

I wasn't trying to make you gun shy when it comes to posting helpful comments...so please don't take it that way ;)

Upvote 0
After two days of use, here is my review. (And I hope Sniffle reads these posts.)

First off, this ROM is rock solid in a lot of ways. In the past two days, I have not had any random reboots. I have not found any froyo compatible apps that don't work with it yet. (And no, I don't use facebook.) This ROM is the start of what could potentially be one of the most beautiful and fully customizable AOSP-built ROMs ever.

The reboot option is there, as well as a second pop-up option for rebooting normally or into recovery. Awesome touch!

I have tried 5 different P3 Kernels as well as 2 jdlfg kernels, and they work perfectly! jdlfg kernels, for some reason, tend to be battery hogs on this ROM, though. They weren't on any other ROM I tried. Although, for the sake of fair argument, I have been playing with my phone pretty much non-stop for two days now. It could be a pure coincidence.

There are a couple of things I would love to see changed before the next release, though. One of them is something you already know about... Some parts of a theme don't work at all. Changing the eri.xml (VZW Banner)... doesn't work. I had to try 3 times before the icons in framework-res.apk would change.

I don't know if the spare parts app was altered or not, but there is no option for hiding the clock. I can change the transparency, but it doesn't remove it. In my eyes, this is just one of those fundamental things that really needs to be an option. Hopefully it will be included on the next release.

That's about all I have for now.

Here are some screenshots of my phone with Sapphire 0.6.0 running. ADW Launcher, and yes... it is themed.

l_195068a4c89146a5afe9932fd55f5ec3.jpg
l_09247d293b234ccc9782f58670de7073.jpg

l_d3eae2a6266b4df59922f362067c4928.jpg
l_209cad1cf1524226877ddd5ed27c8e48.jpg

l_8522dd88ca9547b894a9f8e92d8a9cfa.jpg
l_11fd0e5c45814e7196d7b37692984858.jpg

l_a4987007cd51447cbd89ed1de82acddc.jpg
l_13ab19ebe0e24485bea67fb0987e43d9.jpg

l_ec99e255775c4e12a8bf8fb03e311dde.jpg
l_84ec16600ee04787843a341e1939135c.jpg

l_6f7d1c661e504528a1f6e2e0a7372111.jpg

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
It's cool, I'm glad you posted the fact that you were running a different ROM...I just know that people will spend HOURS trying to figure out why their facebook sync isn't working when your is.

I wasn't trying to make you gun shy when it comes to posting helpful comments...so please don't take it that way ;)

No worries. Initially figured it could be the same issue because mine was not syncing with bb 0. 2. 1. Hopefully the sapphire users can figure something out.

Upvote 0
Just flashed this today...seems really nice. I've tried pretty much all of them, and so far, aside from broken FB sync common to Source ROMs, this looks really good.

Nice work, Sniffles and co.

Yeah, it's a nice ROM. The broken stuff kinda makes me feel like this is more of a "beta" release so I'm running JRummy's Kangerade 1.1 for now. Once they get to work out some of the kinks...I'm sure this will be a HUGE winner!

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's a nice ROM. The broken stuff kinda makes me feel like this is more of a "beta" release so I'm running JRummy's Kangerade 1.1 for now. Once they get to work out some of the kinks...I'm sure this will be a HUGE winner!

Yup - good points. This ROM made me less homesick for a CM 2.2 ROM, if you know what i mean, has a nice hand-crafted feel that I like better than the non-source ROMs.

Reactions: einyv
Upvote 0
Yup - good points. This ROM made me less homesick for a CM 2.2 ROM, if you know what i mean, has a nice hand-crafted feel that I like better than the non-source ROMs.

Haha, I know what you mean. It's like the difference between getting a couch from Lay-z-boy and an Amish store :D

Unfortunately, having a white/gray notification bar is an absolute deal breaker for me...I just can't stand not being able to apply a theme. I like my ROMs to be as pretty as they are functional. I'm looking forward to 0.6.1 when themes will be supported! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones