• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
TWRP Bootloop fix ZIP

Root TWRP Bootloop fix ZIP stable

HasH_BrowN

Android Expert
Jun 11, 2015
Leesburg, Fl
HasH_BrowN submitted a new resource:

TWRP Bootloop fix ZIP - bootloop fix after OTA update

Bootloop fix after OTA update.
Made this for those that don't want to or don't feel comfortable entering commands. Put this on external SD, for when needed.

Flash in recovery.

Tested that it passes TWRP.
View attachment 94185
I haven't had a bootloop to fully test yet. Please provide feedback with any issues. Also please leave a review with stars (1-5).

I worked really hard to get this zip compiled properly for our community, brand new area of...

Read more about this resource...

Bro Zip isn't working
BTW can you help me
I need a TWRP log
To get a log from TWRP, tap on advanced and then tap the Copy Log button. This will be stored @ one of these locations (for some reason it randomly changes on me)
/sdcard/recovery.log
/data/media/recovery.log
/cache/recovery/log
/cache/recovery/last_log

Through adb you can pull the log. The most recent log can be pulled with this command:
Code:
adb pull /tmp/recovery

The best way to submit a log is to upload as an attachment

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HasH_BrowN updated TWRP Bootloop fix ZIP with a new update entry:

binary switched with newer version, update script rewrote and corrected

I had amazing help from @WarrantyVoider for directing me into the right direction and a learned a great many things about scripts from @scary alien. Without them this resourced zip would have been pulled from downloads. THANKS GUYS.

The script has been totally rewrote from scratch. Ran some tests and everything is a go.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Upvote 0
I ran it through TWRP and it failed. Crap.
Ill have to modify it again. It did work, I don't know what happened. Sorry about that. Ill have it fixed soon.

Just good to see a committed dev looking out for the community, feel free to let me know and I'll test it if you want as well.

I'm not terribly active anymore, I was more into the rooting and tinkering scene back in high school so... You may not see me post much, but I'm trying to get back into it. haha

Upvote 0
Just good to see a committed dev looking out for the community, feel free to let me know and I'll test it if you want as well.

I'm not terribly active anymore, I was more into the rooting and tinkering scene back in high school so... You may not see me post much, but I'm trying to get back into it. haha
I replaced the binary with all recent ones and even used a sh script for the binary, still no luck. I don't know what I'm over looking.

Upvote 0
Part of my problem, maaaybbbeee that I didn't have an OS installed when I flashed the zip, I had just nuked the phone.
Flashed a recovery -> input the commands on terminal -> fixed.
Don't know if that info helps, but can't hurt.

EDIT: Now that I have a functioning laptop (chromebook), I'm gonna download it and peek through the .zip, maybe I'll find something... I'm not terribly savy, but extra set of eyes is always a good thing.

Upvote 0
Part of my problem, maaaybbbeee that I didn't have an OS installed when I flashed the zip, I had just nuked the phone.
Flashed a recovery -> input the commands on terminal -> fixed.
Don't know if that info helps, but can't hurt.

EDIT: Now that I have a functioning laptop (chromebook), I'm gonna download it and peek through the .zip, maybe I'll find something... I'm not terribly savy, but extra set of eyes is always a good thing.
It would seem that I need to write a sh script to invoke the commands. The binary files if have used, all fail. So I'm thinking the script should correct the failed install. I'm still new at scripts, which means trial & error.

Upvote 0
Update to my review on the .ZIP issue I personally had.
So I flashed the .ZIP to fix bootloop LG TRIBUTE, then rebooted as instructed, Got a bootloop of the LG boot screen and nothing else , the fix I found was take battery out to get phone off, then removed the external Micro SD card that had the .zip file bootloop fixed on it , then inserted a different external Micro SD card with my files and TWRP restore back up files on it as well, then I turned phone on with my fingers pressing volume down and power while holding the two buttons until a screen appeared twrp recovering factory resetting phone screen , then that finished and I got success screen now in the twrp recovery screen, I clicked done, then rebooted into system , Perfect as always was... (was before bootloop hang lol)

GREAT .zip and thank you very much, lots of hands patting you on the back,

But I can only speak for myself so I applaud you and Pat your back , Thank you for the great help to you HasH_BrowN as well the two others you mentioned @scary alien & Warranty Voider

Upvote 0
Update to my review on the .ZIP issue I personally had.
So I flashed the .ZIP to fix bootloop LG TRIBUTE, then rebooted as instructed, Got a bootloop of the LG boot screen and nothing else , the fix I found was take battery out to get phone off, then removed the external Micro SD card that had the .zip file bootloop fixed on it , then inserted a different external Micro SD card with my files and TWRP restore back up files on it as well, then I turned phone on with my fingers pressing volume down and power while holding the two buttons until a screen appeared twrp recovering factory resetting phone screen , then that finished and I got success screen now in the twrp recovery screen, I clicked done, then rebooted into system , Perfect as always was... (was before bootloop hang lol)

GREAT .zip and thank you very much, lots of hands patting you on the back,

But I can only speak for myself so I applaud you and Pat your back , Thank you for the great help to you HasH_BrowN as well the two others you mentioned @scary alien & @WarrantyVoider
So, if I understand correctly.
  • This worked only after you switched SD cards?
  • And flashed the fix zip again?
  • So there was a copy of the fix on the other SD?
  • Or were you flashing a TWRP backup, of zv5?
I only ask so that way I can help others if the they have the same issue flashing the zip fix.
I'm glad your phone is up and running :)

Reactions: fearmenotgod
Upvote 0
Thank you so much for all your help I definitely do appreciate it to rbs fullest being able yo have my phone up and working thanks to you ..

I flashed .zip on external SD card 1 then got lg boot stuck on screen issue. I removed external SD card 1 after removing my battery from tribute ls660 then I inserted a different SD card that did NOT have .zip file with your boot loop fix but ii....... How do you BBC's message ? Contact me immediately I may have some very important information you can I hope highly utilize... Anyways I updated the z6 into mg phone but didn't install it yet from ota update then after getting issue from installing it I got boot looped then found HasHBrowN fix with help from scary alien and warranty voider . so I flashed that fix boot loop . zip. Got stuck on lg boot screen . removed SD card then grabbed different SD card with my twrp recovery on it with a copy of the z6 new update as well on it then.I flashed it and recovered it and installed SuperSU all at once finally rebooted then mg phone flawlessly turned on and has been working perfectly great with myself being on tribute LS660 update z6 with full root, thanks again for the help !

Last edited:
Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0
It was pretty much like being thrown around a couple times by the bootloop in TWRP from the Z6 update , I was suprisningly straightened out with not only a Fixed problem as was being stuck in a bootloop got .zip from DEbestZipper out there named HasH_BrowN so that .zip was flashed by me on my LS660 TRIBUTE! and voila I was refreshed by not only a smooth booting phone, I also had the z6 upgrade to open up and see that I was done , done with my effort to get the z6 ota update working on my phone but it happened to be that I got it where I wanted it even though I had got bootlooped along the way, I got *Emeril'd BAAMMMMMMM! into my destination of z6 with FULL ROOT ready to boot! haha Thanks Again
to (my hopefully ) NEW FRIENDS ?! (yes?)
HasH_BrowN *

- Scary Alien
- Warranty Voider

Super smart smart smart brains you 3 have, take it easy and have a great day!

Upvote 0
Why was the download page taken down?
I don't know why it was dropped. I have been using LG G3 with Boost, so haven't used the LS660 for 8-9 months (it now is part of home security surveillance setup).
The commands for use in TWRP work perfectly. I've used them (for testing purposes) on all my different devices that have same file structure & file location. No problems at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones