Typing in a contact's name in SMS...

Last Updated:

1. j0e

j0e Member This Topic's Starter

I searched a bit and couldn't find anything...I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

My problem is this: I open up Messaging, then I go to "New message." I then type in the first few letters of one of my OLD contacts (from my G1) and the name comes up like a charm. HOWEVER, when I start typing in the first few letters of one of my NEW (created on my Droid) contacts, NOTHING comes up! I have to manually go to my Contacts, scroll down to the contact's name, and then text them that way. This is super annoying and I know there is most likely an easy solution.

Please help me before I throw my Droid out the window, thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Make sure the number you are trying to select is inputted as "mobile" inside the contacts' settings. If it is anything but that, it wont find it.

3. gnmitchell

gnmitchell Active Member

I use Handcent (free in the market) and have no problems doing what you want it to.

4. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

+1

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

hmmm, I have not had any issues with that? I too use handcent and have not had any issues. Sorry none of these responses have really helped you out other than to tell you that we have not experience this.

6. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this is the issue. I know with Handcent you have the option to show all number or just mobile numbers. The default when you add a number on the Droid is home, and therefore won't show up. I still can't believe the default isn't mobile, anyone know if there's a way to change it?

7. j0e

j0e Member This Topic's Starter

That fixed the problem, thank you so much! Really dumb that it won't let you do the same for contacts marked as "Home" though...