• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Uh, so I check my battery use..

Most apps just ask the android system what numbers it has. If you do just have a display bug, that would explain them not listing your camera. ( It hasn't pulled enough juice for the system to care and record it...and what you are seeing as "camera" is really the android system usage. )

Ah ok. Well then it seems more of a display error

Upvote 0
10 hours unplugged and its still showing 97% usage for the camera. Not good.

Edit: rebooted and it went away. Gonna see if this happens again after opening the camera app

I'm seeing the same behavior on my EVO 4g - did a battery test last night - drained 40% overnight, with 85% going to the camera app.. And this was after using advanced task manager to kill everything prior..

What the??? and in my case, the android system usage is a seperate lineitem (small percentage..) - as are the cell standby/etc..

-m

Upvote 0
One time at band camp....

Seriously ,one time bar code scanner locked my camera into loop causing max cpu usage , could almost watch bat drain, phone getting warmer is what brought it to my attention. checked sys panel to see what was up. Very slow to responding. to fix it, i just rebooted has not happened again

Upvote 0
One time at band camp....

Seriously ,one time bar code scanner locked my camera into loop causing max cpu usage , could almost watch bat drain, phone getting warmer is what brought it to my attention. checked sys panel to see what was up. Very slow to responding. to fix it, i just rebooted has not happened again

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. Check any apps you have installed that uses the camera, such as the bar code scanner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones