• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to access three mobile internet (HTC Desire)

Futuristic

Lurker
Oct 14, 2010
Hi, I had my mobile unlocked from the T mobile network, so i could use my three sim card in the HTC Desire. However the sim works fine making calls, and using the wifi, but I cannot access the mobile internet. Three have told me the mobile is not compatible as it is not a three phone. Can anyone please assist? When i boot up the phone T Mobile branding appears, has this got anything to do with it. Sorry this is all new to me.

Thanks

As you have brought the phone over from a different network it looks like you need to set up a new APN (Access Point Name)

go to settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/access point names
Press menu and select New APN
Input the following settings:

Name: 3
APN: three.co.uk
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS proxy: mms.three.co.uk
MMS port: 8799
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 234
MNC: 20
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: *

Hopefully that will do the trick!

Reactions: denialnw10
Upvote 0
Go back to "Mobile Network Settings" and check that "Network Mode" is set to "GSM/WCDMA auto". Make sure "Network Operator" says "3". Then go to "Wireless & Networks and make sure the " Mobile Network " tab is ticked. If it still does not work then restart the phone and turn the tick on and off a few times on the mobile network tab as it can be temperamental at times. Also double check the APN settings are correct.

Upvote 0
As you have brought the phone over from a different network it looks like you need to set up a new APN (Access Point Name)

go to settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/access point names
Press menu and select New APN
Input the following settings:

Name: 3
APN: three.co.uk
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS proxy: mms.three.co.uk
MMS port: 8799
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 234
MNC: 20
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: *

Hopefully that will do the trick!

Thanks for the help. Just tried this and it seemed like it didn't work at first, but that was because my house has crap "Three" reception so I couldn't pick up 3G. Relocated to outside and it worked perfectly!

:D

Upvote 0
just wanted to say a big thanks. I was also having the exact same problem. I have been trying to get this to work for the last 4 days. i have spoke to so many different people and had no luck. 3 tech surport gave me the settings and it didnt work. the 3 shop told me it wasnt surported (i knew more than them)

APN type: * (is the big one)

Thanks heaps :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones