Unable to install skins from HTC HubSupport

1. Felinejade

Felinejade New Member

Hi there, just wanted to say thanks very much for posting the solution to this problem, I had been tearing my hair out trying to resolve this issue and I would never have figured out how to resolve it on my own. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly!

I have had my htc wildfire s for a week and was very annoyed to be experieincing problems with it! Very pleased with my lovely new skin! :eek::(:eek::(:eek::(:eek::(:eek:
  2. ramy2007_uk

ramy2007_uk New Member

hi all i have read your step by step guide on how to fix the bug but still not working for me i can download everything from the hub except Skins i have downloaded Astro and made a folder in sdcard folder named it data and restarted my phone with quick boot turned on and still nothing the icon at the top left corner of the screen says the item has downloaded but i have no idea where to go now any help would be great
  3. ItalianBaby757

ItalianBaby757 New Member

problem for mine is that i already have a .data file there. strangely enough i was able to download one skin (blackboard) after a long while the phone told me that it could not download the rest. what else can i try?
  4. pukh_2011

pukh_2011 New Member

thanxs in advance for sontinuing useful site for first users of anriod based phone.

i hav everthing as told by sunny.but it doesn't show any file in the folder sreated (.data) in sdcard. i also want to confirm that whatever we download it go directly in phone memory.
    is their any settings thru we can download anything directly in sd card.

pukhraj
  5. Sems

Sems New Member

I am also unable to download skins from HTC club, but have successfuly downloaded a wallpaper....can anyone help as it just sits there and never downloads :mad:
  6. ZeldaLover

ZeldaLover Member

Thank you!! Fixed my problem also :)
  7. Sems

Sems New Member

:) Thank you, I have managed to download skin but am still having trouble installing as it is asking me to free up space, which i have done :mad:
  8. Sems

Sems New Member

Yey got there in the end !!! Space really seems to be an issue though, I dont have many Apps.

Thanx tho as i am a techno phobic and I eventually managed to sort it!!! lol
  9. PurpleMuppet

PurpleMuppet New Member

It worked for me, and now I have the skin I want :)
  10. AlvoRAM

AlvoRAM New Member

Thanks sunyhj, fixed my problem...

For those not able to see a .data folder on the SD card, I had the same problem, I had to go into the settings for my file explorer (ES File Explorer,) And enable the viewing of hidden files & folders.
  11. heardyou

heardyou New Member

downloaded ASTRO... not exactly sure how to install the skin through the data file?
  12. Aero-Z

Aero-Z Member

Create .data folder into to root of sdcard. Then try to install the skin like you did in the first place.
  13. Htchubproblem

Htchubproblem New Member

It does not work to me What am I doing wrong ? It does not come to my map (data) ?
  14. Htchubproblem

Htchubproblem New Member

It doesn
  15. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member

Have you created file named .data or just data?
  16. Aero-Z

Aero-Z Member

You don't create a file named .data but FOLDER named .data.
  17. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member

Oops!!! :rolleyes: My mistake. Typed it as "file" instead of "folder". :)
  18. klysk

klysk New Member

Thanks.. It finally works..Great Job!!! :)
  19. ketki.s

ketki.s New Member

hey thnx so much fr ur help! i was fed up with trying 2 download skins...finally was able 2 do it only after reading ur post!! :)
  20. d33ps1x

d33ps1x New Member

Thanks man! Excellent! This one drove me nuts! Wow!
  21. olliejue

olliejue New Member

Hi thank you so much it worked!!!:):):):):):)

Have been trying for days!!
  22. pranith

pranith New Member

my phone gets strucked when i use an app more than 15 mins
    can any one say y
    and it will not locate my position in maps some times but every time restarting is not the solution can any one help me out of this
    if we install any game or an app how to close it completely such that it does not affect battery
    i am unable to play complete videos in youtube sometimes

please help me out of this
  23. beachshaz

beachshaz New Member

Sorry so new to all this tec, installed astrofile manager, how do i create new folder in sdcard, in my 40s and tec challanged.
  24. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

@ pranith - try pulling the battery and holding the power button down for thirty seconds. The power back up and try again.

@ beachshaz - try long pressing on the main screen in astro, that should pull up a context menu, like right clicking in windows. If that doesn't work, hit the menu button from astro's main screen, there ought to be an option there for it.
  25. pranith

pranith New Member

@brotherswing
    the above question is different frm ur answer dude just say me how to play full videos in youtube