• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to update password in Outlook

jhall68w

Lurker
Jun 23, 2022
Phone: Galaxy S9+
Android Version: 10
Outlook Version: 4.2222.2

I have my work email on my Android using the Outlook App. We do not have Office 365, not sure if that matters. When I update my password for my domain account, I need to update it on my phone as well for my email. I open Outlook, click on the cogwheel, select my work email, but there is no option to update the password. I only have Reset Account and Delete Account as options. I know that I have been able to do it before, but it seems with this version of outlook that option was taken away.

I went into my phone settings>Accounts, and the outlook account is not even listed.

Has anyone else ran into this? I had to delete the account and then re add it.

Phone: Galaxy S9+
Android Version: 10
Outlook Version: 4.2222.2

I have my work email on my Android using the Outlook App. We do not have Office 365, not sure if that matters. When I update my password for my domain account, I need to update it on my phone as well for my email. I open Outlook, click on the cogwheel, select my work email, but there is no option to update the password. I only have Reset Account and Delete Account as options. I know that I have been able to do it before, but it seems with this version of outlook that option was taken away.

I went into my phone settings>Accounts, and the outlook account is not even listed.

Has anyone else ran into this? I had to delete the account and then re add it.

I believe that does matter very much. Do you have access to your Outlook via a browser on a computer? But I think you may need to speak to your company's IT admin about it.

Microsoft originally intended Outlook, Exchange, etc. for business use, e.g. work emails. And you probably can't change or update the password with just the client app on a phone.

Upvote 0
I believe that does matter very much. Do you have access to your Outlook via a browser on a computer? But I think you may need to speak to your company's IT admin about it.

Microsoft originally intended Outlook, Exchange, etc. for business use, e.g. work emails. And you probably can't change or update the password with just the client app on a phone.

The scenario that I am working through is the end user updates their domain password on their company computer. Now they need to updated their phone email password to match what it was changed to. I can update it on an iphone, but that same option is not available on my android. Just wondering if anyone has run into a similar issue. There is nothing that our IT is doing to limit this.

Upvote 0
The scenario that I am working through is the end user updates their domain password on their company computer. Now they need to updated their phone email password to match what it was changed to. I can update it on an iphone, but that same option is not available on my android. Just wondering if anyone has run into a similar issue. There is nothing that our IT is doing to limit this.
why not just remove the account off of the phone and then re-add the account with the new password?

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones