• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Underclocker?

MuGGzyX

Nov 14, 2010
Ok so I got all excited when I found the Overclock Widget that you could set your phone to drop way down when it goes into "sleep Mode" and then it would crank back up to full speed when you wake it up, the goal being to extend battery life. However, it is only for the HTC G1/G2 phones so I can't use it.

Do either of the current offerings for the DX specifically do anything like this? I really liked the idea of things spinning down when it was not being used but having all the power back when you want it. I am not interested in overclocking it right now (did that a lot with PCs a while back and got it out of my system) but this other ability sounds pretty dope.

I installed SetCPU last night and I am waiting to see if it makes any diff, I also did not realize that the system underclocked by default when sleeping so if it already does this and that is all I wanted the app for I may just uninstall and let Android do it's thing as designed. Thanks for the input though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones