• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlock/Sim Card HELP

Workaholics

Lurker
Jun 27, 2012
Okay so I'm thinking about buy this phone from a friend. I however am not on verizon, I'm on Cincinnati Bell. So seeing as he used to work for Verizon he called them up and got the unlock code and unlocked the phone. Pretty awesome.
However when we tried my sim card it wouldn't do anything, then when changing it from CDMA to GSM it would say "There is no SIM card inserted in this device" or something close to the that.
Is there anyway to get around this? I'd love to switch from my 3GS to this phone.
Currently my only theory is to factory reset it(which he said he did that this morning before he unlocked it) or figure out what my SIM Pin number is, whatever that might be.

There's a thread around here somewhere about this. It may have said that you go by the tab on the bottom not the label.

It's weird though I was able to put in another Cincinnati Bell sim card in and bars showed up but with this Triangle to the top left of the bars and if you tried to make a phone call it would direct you to Verizon operators. Which then would charge money for a call.

And the phone still said that there was no sim inserted :|

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones