unlocked for europe?General

Last Updated: 2013-08-25 21:06:46
  1. creektrails

creektrails Active Member

I've got the razr max hd but I'm giving it to my wife and I'm getting the droid Maxx. We are going to the UK in sept and I am wondering if I can just trade sim cards over there or do I need to unlock the Maxx. Does anybody know?

Advertisement
  2. Yno

Yno Member

According to the Verizon sales rep I spoke with last night, and also the Verizon web site, the Maxx is Global ready for over 200 countries. You just have to sigh up for an international plan. You can do that on a monthly basis, so you only need to pay for it during the month(s) you are overseas.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

There are two options. You can sign up for their international plans and pay the rates Verizon charges. The second option is if the phone is sim unlocked, you can pop your Verizon sim out and put a sim card from a uk carrier in and set that up.
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

... and what I learned over the last 24 hours is that there are two flavors of nano-SIM cards and they are not interchangeable. The Maxx needs the nano-SIM that supports NFC. The iPhone uses the other one.

... Thom
    doogald likes this.
  5. chrisv79

chrisv79 Well-Known Member

There is somebody over on the Android Central forums saying their AT&T SIM works in the Ultra. Everything works with no issues. So it looks like the SIM is unlocked. This is consistent with other recent VZW 4G phones.
  6. plmiller0905

plmiller0905 Well-Known Member

Yup..That was me..Everything works ...calls, data (HSPA+) and mms :)
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

By looking on the bands on the Motorola website, it would even get T-Mobile LTE if you were to try that :D
  8. distortedloop

distortedloop Member

It's good to know that. I've got a SIM cutter that will do nano, and active accounts on VZW, TMo, and AT&T I could use, but right now, in Los Angeles, there aren't many places I'd rather be on anything other than VZW for reliable service.