• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocked HTC Legend Issue

If you don’t get a connection automatically, there are two
things to try.

Check that the data connection is turned on.
It may just be that your data connection isn’t turned
on. To check whether it is on:
1. On the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap
Settings.
2. Tap Wireless & networks, and select the Mobile
network check box to turn your connection on.
Check that the right mobile network is selected.
1. On the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap
Settings.
2. Tap Wireless & networks > Mobile network settings
> Network operators.

Taken from http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/filestore/devices/HTC/Legend/HTCLegend_qs.pdf

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I'm having similar problem. Unlocked my HTC Legend (Bell) but can't use the phone, Says no service. Trying to use with Orange Dominicana.

Followed your anandroiduser's account but when going to Network Operators all I get is an error because it couldn't find anything

Should I be able to see all the available Networks there?

Upvote 0
Got it, it's working now.

Option 2 from "anandroiduser" post

Check that the right mobile network is selected.
1. On the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap Wireless & networks > Mobile network settings > Network operators.

It may take you a couple of tries to get your network. The first time I clicked gave me an error and no results, the second time got me only another network, the sixth time it found Orange. Click on it and voila! It's going to be working in less than 10 secs.

must give a kudos to CellUnlock.net for the help and the code

Upvote 0
I'm having similar problem. Unlocked my HTC Legend (Bell) but can't use the phone, Says no service. Trying to use with Orange Dominicana.

Followed your anandroiduser's account but when going to Network Operators all I get is an error because it couldn't find anything

Should I be able to see all the available Networks there?

I have run into the same problem, no matter how many tries I give it, it shows up with "No networks found" and "Error while searching for networks." in Search Networks and under Select Automatically I get "Registered on a network" however I still have no service. This phone is for sure unlocked and is set to GSM mode (which is the mode I need). Trying to see if I can run it on Straight Talk network. The SIM card is activated already, I just checked with the company to make sure it is fully functional and working.
I have become highly frustrated in the game playing and I am now officially out of a phone for about a week because the NokiaE71 that I stole the card out of was defective. HELP!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones