• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root UNroot help: need to return phone!

when i reformat sd then mount and then connect it to my computer and look at the properties of the sd it still says FAT not FAT32 and it cant find the PB31IMG zip in HBOOT? current software is 1.22.605.2 not OTA...wtf?

i also need to return the phone very soon because i received a new one through insurance, and i cant UNROOT. does anyone think they check for root? my screen was cracked thats why i got a new one. any ideas?

Make sure that the zip is on the root of the sdcard, not hidden in a folder.

I'm assuming you're on windows. Right click on your SD Card when it is in the computer, go to format... and try formatting it in FAT32 (I'm on a mac, but I'm pretty sure these are the right steps). This will erase the whole card. Put the zip file on the root of the sd and try it again.

Yes they can check for root, which is why you need to unroot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones