UNroot help: need to return phone!

Last Updated:

1. nuckchorris

nuckchorris Member This Topic's Starter

when i reformat sd then mount and then connect it to my computer and look at the properties of the sd it still says FAT not FAT32 and it cant find the PB31IMG zip in HBOOT? current software is 1.22.605.2 not OTA...wtf?

i also need to return the phone very soon because i received a new one through insurance, and i cant UNROOT. does anyone think they check for root? my screen was cracked thats why i got a new one. any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Make sure that the zip is on the root of the sdcard, not hidden in a folder.

I'm assuming you're on windows. Right click on your SD Card when it is in the computer, go to format... and try formatting it in FAT32 (I'm on a mac, but I'm pretty sure these are the right steps). This will erase the whole card. Put the zip file on the root of the sd and try it again.

Yes they can check for root, which is why you need to unroot.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

follow the directions already said... and i have heard that they really dont check unless its obvious but its always good to be safe

4. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

reformat to fat32 with pc and then copy over .img before you put back into phone. then run hboot