• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

Yeah that'll only work on the official 2.1. That log in problem should've been fixed in CyanogenMod 7.. What version of Android are you running?

running 2.3
but it was my fault i think
error 1 : letting son play with phone
error 2 : not setting up the google account on the phone since updating phone with 2.3 , hadnt used market so had forgot, duh :thinking:

by the null doesnt work

Upvote 0
running 2.3
but it was my fault i think
error 1 : letting son play with phone
error 2 : not setting up the google account on the phone since updating phone with 2.3 , hadnt used market so had forgot, duh :thinking:

by the null doesnt work

Ah I see.. Well you can recover everything gladly. Here's how:

1. Boot the phone into recovery by powering off the phone, then holding the home button and powering it on, keeping the home button held while the LG logo shows. If you don't have recovery installed, check the first post.
  2. Backup the phone by going to backup and restore>backup. The backup will take a while depending on how much data is on the phone.
  3. Force a factory reset by going to wipe data/factory reset>yes
  4. Reboot the phone and let it load up, set up your Google account details.
  5. Boot back into recovery and select backup and restore>advanced backup>[the backup you just made]>restore data.
  6. Reboot the phone and you should have everything back to normal :)

Hope this works! :)

Upvote 0
I have tried swapping and have followed the instructions on page 1.
There is a file on my sd-card called swap.swp but when i go to set-cpu the swap total value is 0kb.
I cant repeat the steps as when i click save it doesnt do that thing where it says its making the file, so i assume it has already been made. Will it work even though set-cpu doesnt realise?

PS i have already tried rebooting :)

Upvote 0
I have tried swapping and have followed the instructions on page 1.
There is a file on my sd-card called swap.swp but when i go to set-cpu the swap total value is 0kb.
I cant repeat the steps as when i click save it doesnt do that thing where it says its making the file, so i assume it has already been made. Will it work even though set-cpu doesnt realise?

PS i have already tried rebooting :)

The instructions on the first page doesn't alwys work, for everyone. In most cases these do.

Reactions: xgalexyx
Upvote 0
Ah I see.. Well you can recover everything gladly. Here's how:

1. Boot the phone into recovery by powering off the phone, then holding the home button and powering it on, keeping the home button held while the LG logo shows. If you don't have recovery installed, check the first post.
  2. Backup the phone by going to backup and restore>backup. The backup will take a while depending on how much data is on the phone.
  3. Force a factory reset by going to wipe data/factory reset>yes
  4. Reboot the phone and let it load up, set up your Google account details.
  5. Boot back into recovery and select backup and restore>advanced backup>[the backup you just made]>restore data.
  6. Reboot the phone and you should have everything back to normal :)
Hope this works! :)
didnt work doesznt matter though had everything saved on computer recovered with my back up root all good thanks again dudeman

last question : does the update push messages work , i try to register but nothing happens ?

Upvote 0
Hi Sir dudeman1996,

I would like to ask assistance for how to upgrade my LG GT540.
I am running 2.1 ROM right now and i want to upgrade it to 2.3.
I've read your post regarding 2.3 upgrade but i guess it requires fastboot which is not available on my 2.1 version of android.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Nakama1925

It's in the first post's instructions how to get fastboot

Upvote 0
didnt work doesznt matter though had everything saved on computer recovered with my back up root all good thanks again dudeman

last question : does the update push messages work , i try to register but nothing happens ?

Ah okay cool. Nah it doesn't, you gotta check here for updates

Upvote 0
Thank you that way worled except now i gotta repeat that everytime i reboot :(

Is there a way to set the cpu as anything you want without having to set it up again after reboot?

Yes, it's not a solution but a workaround to have swap.

SetCPU allows you to overclock the Processor speed,and set it to apply the change when booting from the default 600mhz to 900mhz max, but at anything over 844mhz it's really unstable.

Upvote 0
I'm new to this thread and to Andoid. I've successfully upgraded my LG GT540 to 2.1 (Europe Open + Fastboot) and fixed the missing bootlogo bug according to this thread. I'm wondering whether I can install and use Clockwork Recovery with the LG 2.1 ROM (i.e. install Clockwork via fastboot first). Ideally I'd like to make a nandroid backup of my phone before trying to install CyanogenMod... Would this work?

--johannr

Upvote 0
I'm new to this thread and to Andoid. I've successfully upgraded my LG GT540 to 2.1 (Europe Open + Fastboot) and fixed the missing bootlogo bug according to this thread. I'm wondering whether I can install and use Clockwork Recovery with the LG 2.1 ROM (i.e. install Clockwork via fastboot first). Ideally I'd like to make a nandroid backup of my phone before trying to install CyanogenMod... Would this work?

--johannr

Yeah I don't see why not

Upvote 0

--johannr

Yeah, that's what I did when I first upgraded to the 2.2, and even though I have upgraded a few more times since I still have backups for the 2.1(fastboot), 2.2, 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 (not all on my phone I must add).

Upvote 0
What instructions? I got the theme off of the SwiftDroid blog and there weren't any comments or anything. I'm assuming u do it the same way you would if you were updating it though. Ill back it all up and see what happens.

Oh right, I forgot about instructions :p if it's an .apk file then you install it. If it's a .zip file then you flash through recovery

Upvote 0
Slightly pointless but interesting post:
I just found this by messing with it:
369799-V3900SC.png

I kept pressing on "Version" and this popped up!
I was amused so i took a picture of it ;)

Also:
I'm having troubles with Swapper.. I cant seem to get it working, it creates the 600mb swap file, but in setcpu it doesn't show it. it shows 0kb.
Also where can i get swapper? the one im using is from the market..
one doesnt allow up to 600mb and one says its only for 1.6 and below :/

if you also keep on pressing mod version another pix shows hehehe

Upvote 0
What's the preferred way of restoring data after upgrading to CM7 from LG 2.1? Currently I have EuropeOpen+Fastboot (2.1) installed, and have backed up all my apps and settings with MyBackup Root as well as recovery.

Can I just restore the data partition from recovery after update to CM7? (I.e. are the data partitions "compatible" between 2.1 and CM7/2.3.3? Alternatively I could restore from MyBackup Root, but what about system settings (Wifi AP keys, home screen layout, etc)? Would any of the LG2.1 settings conflict with CM7?

If the data partition is indeed "compatible", why is there a need to "wipe" it before upgrading to CM7?

Upvote 0
What's the preferred way of restoring data after upgrading to CM7 from LG 2.1? Currently I have EuropeOpen+Fastboot (2.1) installed, and have backed up all my apps and settings with MyBackup Root as well as recovery.

Can I just restore the data partition from recovery after update to CM7? (I.e. are the data partitions "compatible" between 2.1 and CM7/2.3.3? Alternatively I could restore from MyBackup Root, but what about system settings (Wifi AP keys, home screen layout, etc)? Would any of the LG2.1 settings conflict with CM7?

If the data partition is indeed "compatible", why is there a need to "wipe" it before upgrading to CM7?

I think that that restoring by recovery provides a 'full' restore, but sometimes that doesn't work, so you need to restore through MyBackup Root

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones