• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Updating HTC Magic with Sense ROM

psl86

Lurker
Oct 27, 2009
I downloaded the update from the Taiwanese site (have a Taiwanese phone) but I can't install it on my HTC Magic. The installer can't find my phone, even though it is connected. By connected I mean that I can mount it, but I have the same sync problems as a lot of other people; HTC Sync does not work! I guess it is a driver problem or similar.. I am on Windows 7 x64 Professional, but I have also tested it on Vista x64 and XP x32. Looking for a windows 7 fix I guess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paal

1. You can do this yourself if you wish to root your phone, and take your chances. goto xda-developers.net and research how.
2. I'm not sure it is ever coming to the Rogers HTC Magic. They just let go their tech support staff!
3. In order to get HTC Synch to work with windows 7, you have to manually install the vista X64 drivers, and install them in the right directory. Yes, it works, but it requires manual effort.

Upvote 0
1. You can do this yourself if you wish to root your phone, and take your chances. goto xda-developers.net and research how.
2. I'm not sure it is ever coming to the Rogers HTC Magic. They just let go their tech support staff!
3. In order to get HTC Synch to work with windows 7, you have to manually install the vista X64 drivers, and install them in the right directory. Yes, it works, but it requires manual effort.

I actually found an XP machine instead...It wouldn't synch, but the ROM updater found my phone, so now my HTC Magic Singapore has Sense

Upvote 0
Jacktheman18,

Does the the rogers phone have to be unlocked??
-Rogers phone does not have to unlocked to have root.

and if you do what say above does the Wifi, bluetooth still work???
-Most of the custom ROM's have wifi and bluetooth working; however look carefully on the particular thread at xda - what works, and what doesn't work; it depends on the rom.

-remember again, that there is a risk of a bricked phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones