• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade May 21st, Wait? Raxr Maxx? Nexus?

kickenwing13

Sep 19, 2010
Alright I've read all of the Rezound, Maxx, Nexus comparisons, really great stuff. I'm still confused and it's not even time to upgrade. I currently have a Droid X. I have had it since last August . I LOVE it. Best reception i've had from any phone.. Battery life is okay, at times can be above average (when running Liberty V3.) I know the camera isn't that great, the camcorder is okay.. The screen is not great... But I have put this phone through a lot and never had a replacement. What I want....

I change ROMS about every week on this thing.. I get tired of things, I love messing with it. I am a baseball coach so I do a lot of taping swings, and with my DX a lot of the cool ROMS don't have working cameras. and I have a hard time freezing and doing frame by from on my DX. I do have the 2100 or whatever battery from verizon for my DX and it helped a lot. I have gone from 8 hours to as much as 2 and a half days on a good ROM and with little use, so i don't know what to REALLY expect from the NEX....

Ultimately I know that the RAZR HD is coming out.. and will be locked
I know that the Samsung S3 sounds really cool.. Beyond that I have no clue.. I have worked a hard year with this upgrade in mind and want to get something I'll really enjoy.

I think a display/camera/ and being able to do ROMS would be my best things. Would the samsung S3 be unlocked? Would it be that much better than the GNEX? Would the RaZR HD/or MAXX offer me the same root abilitys as my DX even, because I've had a lot of fun with it...

HELP!!

I would wait until the end of the month to make any hasty decision. The Nexus has a boat load of ROMs going for it (I'm just about to change one today). I'm not sure about the Maxx or Rezound. There's been a brief "leak" of what may be the SGS3 on Verizon:
Verizon’s Galaxy SIII Appears in Benchmark, Looks Again Like a Snapdragon S4 – Droid Life
The Incredible LTE will likely have good dev. support and a better camera than the Nexus, so I wouldn't rule that one out. If your X is doing fine, I'd just follow the blogs for a bit longer and see if there's any more news on an imminent release of another super phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones