• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading, Mytouch 3G for $50 or Slide for $179?

So its time to upgrade. This will be my first smart phone. I want to be able to use it mainly for internet, but also GPS, and tethering. How much better is the Slide verse the old MyTouch 3G. The mytouch is only 50 bucks right now, and thats a great deal on a smartphone. I really want to hear some feedback on these phones, and why or if the Slide would be worth that extra money.

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to get the old tech. However, I just saw Walmart has the Slide for $98.99. So if i get the slide that will be my choice. However, waiting may be wise, since they are dropping the prices on the Slide. Can you tip me off to any phones you expect to come out in the next month??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones