• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Connection Settings Missing

Hey everyone,
I am having a problem that I could really use some help on. I plugged my phone into my laptop to charge, which I normally do. While it was charging, I decided to take a look at some files I had saved on the phone/microSD.

However, when I went to the notification bar to change the USB connection setting, there was nothing there to change! I even went into Settings>Connect to PC and changed the setting to "Disk Drive", exited settings, unplugged the phone, and replugged it in...still nothing.

The phone IS charging, but the computer doesn't recognize it. I even uninstalled the driver, hoping it would force the driver to be reinstalled by plugging the phone in again...but still nothing.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Yes, I tried different USB ports! Sorry for not mentioning that earlier....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones