• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

schrodinger56

May 20, 2011
What kind of female USB connector would connect to this dock, is it female micro or female mini usb?
c9f09_B009QW3TBK_31DAuwlwVwL.jpg

What I want is a female mini/micro usb to male mini/micro usb lead. Problem is I don't know whether it's mini or micro usb I need.

If anyone knows could they advise? My Samsung S3 fits the above dock.

Thanks

Yeah u basicly just want a short USB Extension cable if its male at one end and female at the other you want. You can get em really cheap in like small independant computer shops etc :thumbup:
Its hard to tell by the pic of the dock but it looks like it needs standard USB (not micro)?
EDIT i dont get why you need a female end though.. generaly youd only need that to extend a cable. Ive never seen a device that has a male socket/port :thinking:

Upvote 0
Yup. Defo a micro now that i see a standard one mate. I forgot the standard one was rectangular :)

So why does this dock want a female micro usb lol??

Well there's the story!!! lol

What I want to do is be able to connect my Note 10.1 to the Universal Dock. As you know the 10.1 has a 30 pin docking port so I need to scale down from the 30 to the micro!!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones