• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Usb or bluetooth keyboard?

I've purchased a bluetooth keyboard for my Tab 2 and found that the make of the keyboard itself made it quite difficult to use. It was one of those rubber type keyboards. When typing it's very east to make typos and there is a bit of a delay. I found that it was still easier to type on screen rather than use this keyboard case - quite the disappointment really.

I've also purchased another USB keyboard case that had plastic keys which were more realistic to a laptop keyboard. The person I purchased it from did not send the adapter along, so I have been unable to try it on my tab. I have however plugged it into my laptop to ensure that it was working. Based on being plugged into my laptop there was still a delay. Also, despite having more of a laptop style keyboard the keys still moved around quite a bit and caused typeos - still faster to type on screen and still a disappointment.

Based on there two failures I think I'm going to give up on trying to find a travel sized keyboard which works just as well as a standard or laptop keyboard.

Upvote 0
I bought a hip street Universal Tablet Bluetooth Keyboard, and while useful for some things. I only got it because it was on sale for half price. It is very small and feels more like texting on a phone with a physical keyboard. But it gets the job done. I like to use it as a remote for the music player on my tab

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones