Using 2 bluetooth headsets at once?

Last Updated:

1. MojoCP

MojoCP Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I cant really find an answer - maybe one of you guys knows the answer.

I would like to use 2 bluetooth headsets (each stereo, for music use) at the same time and was wondering if this was possible. My wife and I like to go running together, and we thought it would be neat to have the same songs/playlist going and to hear the same speed/time voiceovers from my running application.

I'm running 2.1 on a Vibrant. (I didnt post in that sub-thread because I figured the answer would be the same for any 2.1 enabled phone).

If its not supported but you know of a workaround/hack, please let me know about that too.

Huge thanks for any help in this regard.

Advertisement
  2. MojoCP

As a follow-up, if anyone knows whether you can play music over regular headphones at the same time as bluetooth headphones, this might be a reasonable compromise and serve the same purpose. I dont have bluetooth headphones, so I cant test this out and want to know before I buy 1 or 2 (or zero) sets.

3. MojoCP

Any help?

4. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

I just tried out both BT & BT and also BT & wired and on stock 2.2 on a Moto droid...the music will only play out of one headset (wired trumps BT in that scenario).

There may be apps or root mods that allow for it, but I'm not sure about that. With stock though, it doesn't seem possible.

MojoCP likes this.
  5. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

It's not going to let you do it. It only allows for one media connection. I sometimes use my stereo for the bluetooth streaming and my Blueant S4 for handsfree at the same time. This works because I have them connected to different profiles. It won't allow you to play music through both as each one wants to connect to the same profile.

MojoCP likes this.
  6. rodrigojorge

rodrigojorge New Member

Hey!

I was looking for the exactly same thing and for the same purpose! I love running and multiple headsets would be wonderful for my wife and I have the same playlist and running information together.

I didn't find any simple way of doing this in the internet, but i found an interesting contraption:

I already have a Y splitter. I'm buying 2 of those Sennheiser BTD 300 to try this thing.

See you

7. bishwo370

bishwo370 New Member

Hi im bishwo, I have done the things that you are mesh in. I have tried many things in this matter, at last the solution is the software. Bluesoleil it will initiate its own driver and software to use the bluetooth hardware and successfully tested 2 stereo bluetooth headset connecting at same time.

8. eyecon82

eyecon82 Well-Known Member

I have been able to use the Torque Pro app with the bluetooth OBD2 adapter and my jawbone headset at the same time on my s4

9. hector361

hector361 Member