• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using 2 bluetooth headsets at once?

MojoCP

Sep 16, 2010
Hi, I cant really find an answer - maybe one of you guys knows the answer.

I would like to use 2 bluetooth headsets (each stereo, for music use) at the same time and was wondering if this was possible. My wife and I like to go running together, and we thought it would be neat to have the same songs/playlist going and to hear the same speed/time voiceovers from my running application.

I'm running 2.1 on a Vibrant. (I didnt post in that sub-thread because I figured the answer would be the same for any 2.1 enabled phone).

If its not supported but you know of a workaround/hack, please let me know about that too.

Huge thanks for any help in this regard.

As a follow-up, if anyone knows whether you can play music over regular headphones at the same time as bluetooth headphones, this might be a reasonable compromise and serve the same purpose. I dont have bluetooth headphones, so I cant test this out and want to know before I buy 1 or 2 (or zero) sets.

Upvote 0
As a follow-up, if anyone knows whether you can play music over regular headphones at the same time as bluetooth headphones, this might be a reasonable compromise and serve the same purpose. I dont have bluetooth headphones, so I cant test this out and want to know before I buy 1 or 2 (or zero) sets.

I just tried out both BT & BT and also BT & wired and on stock 2.2 on a Moto droid...the music will only play out of one headset (wired trumps BT in that scenario).

There may be apps or root mods that allow for it, but I'm not sure about that. With stock though, it doesn't seem possible.

Reactions: MojoCP
Upvote 0
It's not going to let you do it. It only allows for one media connection. I sometimes use my stereo for the bluetooth streaming and my Blueant S4 for handsfree at the same time. This works because I have them connected to different profiles. It won't allow you to play music through both as each one wants to connect to the same profile.

Reactions: MojoCP
Upvote 0
Hey!

I was looking for the exactly same thing and for the same purpose! I love running and multiple headsets would be wonderful for my wife and I have the same playlist and running information together.

I didn't find any simple way of doing this in the internet, but i found an interesting contraption:

"A Y splitter, two Sennheiser BTD 300 dongles and two pairs of MM 550 and you have the perfect sounds system for two!

According to Sennheiser, its not possible to service two headphones with one bluetooth transmitter.

A picture of what is looks like is on ulgw.com website. It actually looks quite funny.

Sound quality is however amazing!"

I already have a Y splitter. I'm buying 2 of those Sennheiser BTD 300 to try this thing.

See you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones