• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using galaxy s like flash drive - question??

aks120

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
Hi all - this is my first post as i am new to the android world. love it tho. Here is my issue:
i have the captivate (samsung galaxy s) and i needed to get a .iso file from a friend but did not have a big enough flash drive. the .iso was of a DVD so its a little bigger than 4 gb, but it said there was not enough storage although i have around 13gb free on the internal storage.

i have read something about FAT32 format in that it does not like files over 4gb, but that if you format it to NTSF that it will take larger files like that. i assume i cant format the internal storage to NTSF without wiping the phone out or can you.

Or alternately, could i get an external micro sd card and format it to NTSF so i can copy large files and would this work with the internal storage even if it is still set up for FAT32?

i know i can transfer .iso files, because i have gotten a 2.4gb file to save on the phone so that shouldnt be it. i would much rather use my phone for quick storage like this than a flash drive since i always have my phone on me.

Any ideas? Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones