• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using Google Wallet?

tackhouse1

Jun 7, 2011
Hey guys,

I have an EVO 4G LTE with Google wallet and have been wanting to try it out. I read through Google's instructions and thought I understood them.

I have GW setup on my phone and have a credit card added to my account. From what Google said, when I go to make a purchase with it (at a register with the "Pay Pass" logo) I wake the phone up (no unlocking required) and hold the phone over the NFC receiver and the transaction should process.

I was at CVS yesterday and attempted to do that, I woke my phone up and held it against the terminal and nothing happened. I then attempted to open the GW app (typed in my pin) and tried again, and nothing happened. Felt like a moron, so then just swiped my CC like normal.

What am I doing wrong?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones