• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using internet while connected to local WIFI

timelinex

Lurker
Apr 26, 2022
I have an RV that allows me to control everything their their app as long as I am connected to the RV's local WIFI network (which doesn't provide internet).

It is obviously a terrible design as I cannot access the internet if I want to stay connected to it.

I know that about the "Switch to mobile data" option, but this doesn't work as this disconnects me from that WIFI connection. So that means I actually have to put the connection as a "Network exception" if I want it to stay connected.

Is there any work around to stay connected to a WIFI connection, but use mobile data when on that connection?

(Samsung note 10+ Android 12)

Why stay connected to wifi if it's not doing anything?
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. The controls to the RV demand demand it (if I wanted to do something without manually going there). Turning generator on/off, letting in/out awnings, turning lights on/off, turning one of the AC's on/off, etc... Of course I could disconnect and connect to the wifi as needed. But it's an added hassle and if there is a work around, that would be great!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Yep, I got that already. But again... was just inquiring if there was a workaround. Doesn't seem like it.

There is a solution, in the Samsung's settings, there is Switch to mobile data, toggle it to ON. This allows the phone and apps to use mobile data, if the connected WiFi doesn't have internet access, like your RV's WiFi.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones