• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help using mp3s

crow11ad

Android Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2009
I am trying to set an mp3 so when the alarm goes off it plays the song. I have created an folder called alarms on the sd card, but when I go to alarms it does not give me the option to select music or my song.

The same thing for contacts. At least with the contacts I can go to the song and select as a ringtone, but I used to have it as I could go to alarm and select the music and the same thing with the contacts.

Any suggestions?

I found this post in the evo4g forums at another site:

"The way I did it is, create the directory media/audio/ringtones/notifications/alarms. Now put all of your music files that you want to use in the alarms folder. You can now choose any of the files for ringers, notification, or alarms."

I tried this and nothing. It just loads defaults.

Upvote 0
I use a free app called Ringdroid which allows you to edit, clip, convert, etc. MP3s and then save them as alarms, ring tones, and notifications. This way what I create/convert/save shows up in whatever app I want (whether stock android or 3rd party) when setting the alarm, notification, or ring tone. I didn't know about the process you are following or I probably would've tried that first, but Ringdroid is free and easy, and it works. Everything I've saved shows up in Calendar, email, SMS, Facebook, phone, etc.

header.png

Upvote 0
"media/audio/ringtones/notifications/alarms" is wrong.

Create a "MEDIA" folder and an "audio" folder in it. "ringtones", "notifications" and "alarms" are three seperate folders in the "audio" folder.

Put your alarm in the "alarms" folder. Media/audio/alarms

Actually I found a better way. I downloaded Handecent and now it does what I want it to do.

Reactions: CAKEMASTER
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones