Using pc as internet gateway for my android

Last Updated:

1. milasch

milasch New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

In my old WM phone, although it sucked really really bad I could do one thing that I can't seem to do with Android. When I had all the drivers installed I could connect my phone via usb to a pc and then use its internet. Unfortunately in Canada all phone providers have either expensive data plans or the cheaper ones have very limited data (in my case 500mb) and at work they don't have wifi.

My question is actually, can I install some application that will make my PC at work an internet gateway to provide internet connection for my android via usb so I don't use my phone provider's data plan?

I own an HTC Legend and it's based on Android 2.1

Thanks,
    John

Advertisement
  2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

If your computer has a wireless card, just set it up to broadcast a computer-to-computer signal with internet sharing turned on, then just connect to your network.

3. milasch

Good idea but it doesn't have wifi, no... :eek:

Anyone else?

4. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

<_<

>_>

<_<

Bring an old router from home and plug that into your computer.

5. milasch

I know you are trying hard to help but when I said "via USB cable" I had a reason.

Obviously I don't want to bring a wifi router to work or start creating access points and put the business network in jeopardy. It could cost my job if someone found out or even worse if something happened.

6. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

Naw man, the last post I was only joking around. But honestly, I don't have a USB-only solution for you, good luck.