• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using the MicroSD

BacteriaEP

Sep 30, 2008
So I have given up on trying to figure out how to do this. Everytime I download an app it's installs onto my G1s onboard memory. Unfortunately, when I download too many apps my G1 starts slowing down because my memory is almost full.

So now, I'm afraid I must ask this, how the hell do I get these apps onto my MicroSD? I'm tired of having to remove old apps I like so I can try out new ones...

Any help? :(

I have to agree man they need to do something about allowing us to install to the SD card... think of the benefits that could be gained since this is G1 "generation one" would be nice to take all the apps or saved data etc.... with you when gen 2 comes out or you decide to upgrade to another newer/better android phone... Seriously I hate having to transfer all my info some from the sim some from the pc consolidate make the transfer smother by allowing full use of the SD it'd be better than the way it is now... aside from the fact that some or most of us have already used the limited space and now have to pick and choose which apps we like better.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones