• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Vanilla Froyo Coming Tonight!

I can't even get it to work. Is that zip file really only 1k? When I install it and reboot its still the same. The blur launcher is there the blur gallery. My calendar works.
So what's going on? What should be gone and what isn't gone?

I have 2.2 2.3.9 flyx I mount system install the zip reboot and nothing different. Picture me sad.

Upvote 0
I can't even get it to work. Is that zip file really only 1k? When I install it and reboot its still the same. The blur launcher is there the blur gallery. My calendar works.
So what's going on? What should be gone and what isn't gone?

I have 2.2 2.3.9 flyx I mount system install the zip reboot and nothing different. Picture me sad.

It should be 51.4MB in size.

Upvote 0
hmm i thought i posted something here last night but i don't see it...but ill post it again to see if others have the same problem. on the dock the phone icon when i hit it to go to my dialer it says applaction not installed, the only way to get the dial pad up is to have the dialer app on the desktop, anyone else have this issue?

Upvote 0
hmm i thought i posted something here last night but i don't see it...but ill post it again to see if others have the same problem. on the dock the phone icon when i hit it to go to my dialer it says applaction not installed, the only way to get the dial pad up is to have the dialer app on the desktop, anyone else have this issue?

He said on the website that it wasnt functioning.

Upvote 0

use launcher pro or ADW to take care of that

Upvote 0
I'm having major problems with recovery.
ROM manger started giving me errors when I started it up (no indication as to what they were) but it seemed to recover. I did a save and then tried to restore with the FLyX I saved before installing this ROM.

It gave me an error about spaces in the file name so I went to rename it and it just kept complaining about invalid file name. I finally said screw it and just booted to recovery with Koushs recovery. Once in I could see the file that ROM manger said it couldn't rename had in fact been renamed. (odd) I then tell it to restore using it and I get no files found. I then tried other backups and all give no files found. (Note they have files) I then uninstalled ROM manger and reinstalled. I also moved one of the backups out to the root (just in case it was a naming thing) I then renamed it to a nice short name flyx2 and still get no files found. This is a folder and not a zip files, matter of fact they are all folders is this normal for Clockworks backups? I think it is but not sure since the app says to load a zip from SD card and I've loaded those before (were they zips at one time?). They look like folders with img files

Also when I try to use ROM manager to restore a backup once I select the backup the screen just goes black and nothing happens. I can only hit the back button an return to ROM manager.

So any idea?

I'm stuck with the Tranquilty ROM but I need my calendar and can't get Recovery to load any of the saves. All it says is no files found

Can you not just use Recovery to load a nandroid backup? I pretty sure I've done it before.

Anyone else have issues with recovery after loading this ROM?

***Corrections I'm using the backup restore options not apply zip from sd card ****
Need more coffee!!

*** New update***

Unistalled ROM manager and Koushs recovery reinstalled and all is good again. Had me nervous there for awhile.

Anyways don't know if this is related to the ROM or just some flaking thing that happened.

Upvote 0
since installing, i cant do a restore. when i do it thru rom manager, it just sits there and does nothing. when i try to reboot into clockwork it does nothing. i'm really irritated.

half of the time when i reboot it sticks at the M screen, and half the time it makes it, but it wont boot into clockwork. i'm about to pull my hair out...

</vent>

edit: didnt realize i lost root access. :/

Upvote 0
since installing, i cant do a restore. when i do it thru rom manager, it just sits there and does nothing. when i try to reboot into clockwork it does nothing. i'm really irritated.

half of the time when i reboot it sticks at the M screen, and half the time it makes it, but it wont boot into clockwork. i'm about to pull my hair out...

</vent>

edit: didnt realize i lost root access. :/

Does this ROM make everyone lose root access or was this just a fluke on your end? I'm contemplating installing this ROM but I'm a little on the fence. Running FlyX flawlessly, with the revolution theme (Thanks Fab :) it looks great). Just wondering if it's worth it?

Upvote 0
Does this ROM make everyone lose root access or was this just a fluke on your end? I'm contemplating installing this ROM but I'm a little on the fence. Running FlyX flawlessly, with the revolution theme (Thanks Fab :) it looks great). Just wondering if it's worth it?

I didn't lose root.
It sounds like it wouldn't be worth it to you.
But if you always want the most recent stuff, like me, then you should get it.
BTW it is only a RC

Upvote 0
I didn't lose root.
It sounds like it wouldn't be worth it to you.
But if you always want the most recent stuff, like me, then you should get it.
BTW it is only a RC

I do like to have the latest, which is more of an addiction than a hobby :). I just didn't want to lose root so thanks for letting me know that you don't, but I'm curious what P3's take on a vanilla ROM for the DX is.

Upvote 0

I didn't lose root but I have trouble with Clockworks recovery. (I'm not sure it was the ROM or just a fluke though)

Had to reinstall ROM manager and bootstrap to cleared that up. But never lost root.

There are some bugs and if you need the calendar you need to wait.

But if you want to play around backup first then check it out.

Upvote 0
I didn't lose root but I have trouble with Clockworks recovery. (I'm not sure it was the ROM or just a fluke though)

Had to reinstall ROM manager and bootstrap to cleared that up. But never lost root.

There are some bugs and if you need the calendar you need to wait.

But if you want to play around backup first then check it out.

I always make a backup just incase something goes wrong. I have no problem reinstalling stuff if need be, it's an RC so I know theres going to be bugs. And as for the calendar I don't use it enough for me to care. Do you guys all like the vanilla take on it?

Upvote 0
How do I get rid of ADW after this download? Also, any ideas on how to go back to the regular app menu--as in not the one that scrolls like the star wars intro?

What launcher are you using or have installed? Easiest is to get home Switcher it's a free app and lets you easily switch launchers. That 3d app drawer looks like the default for the new default launcher. It scrolls like its in mud also. I couldn't find any option to control that as the setting were very slim. But I use LauncherPro which lets you customize the app drawer for 3d or 2d and you can even hide apps with it.

Since I use LP I have to say I don't see a whole lot of change with these ROMS. They're basically taking out stuff I don't use anyways.

I want to see a real Vanilla Android front end complied from source.

Upvote 0
So should I install this?

I have a rooted 2.2, deodexed, flyxified droid x right now. It still doesn't seem quite as snappy as it should be yet however.

I hear this blurless update is a lot better though?

I am just wondering, from people who have it installed, if I should do it or not. I am looking for their take on having it so far.

Btw, I love the android community.

Ty all.

Upvote 0
What launcher are you using or have installed? Easiest is to get home Switcher it's a free app and lets you easily switch launchers. That 3d app drawer looks like the default for the new default launcher. It scrolls like its in mud also. I couldn't find any option to control that as the setting were very slim. But I use LauncherPro which lets you customize the app drawer for 3d or 2d and you can even hide apps with it.

Since I use LP I have to say I don't see a whole lot of change with these ROMS. They're basically taking out stuff I don't use anyways.

I want to see a real Vanilla Android front end complied from source.

I mean I am using LP and the stock launcher. If I hit the home but it let's me switch. I've never installed anything like that so I assume its part of the dowloaded rom.

Upvote 0
I installed this rom and it worked perfectly. I did not lose root on my 2.2 update 1 leak rom with minimal mods.

I lost visual voicemail from verizon - the stock dialer app crashes when I hit the visual voicemail button. I know I should switch to google voice but I have a few too many things on my android todo list at the moment.

Anybody have an idea how to get it back? I know birdman had a fix for this on his rom...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones