• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Vanilla Froyo Coming Tonight!

I would think you just need to install the VM apk. Here'sa 2.2 Vvm.apk give it a try Vvm.apk download free - FileSwap.com

:D

Follow the direction posted in the forum.
You basically
copy the apk to /system/app (use root explorer make r/w)
install apk from there.
Set permissions
reboot

If you need more detail (I wouldn't blame you if you did :D)
There is a thread on how to reinstall system apps somewhere.

That did the trick! A little simpler than I was thinking...thanks very much for the assistance. I'm an ex iphone user (and proud megageek) so it really feels good to be back on a platform that is more suitable for me.

Upvote 0
Droider... another question about sounds with this rom... where can I cut off the dang notification sound when I plug in my usb cable to my computer... it plays that dang drum solo again. Not when the card is mounted anymore, just when I plug it in, doesn't matter what mode its in (ex. PC, Charge Only, ect.).

the only other thing I could think of is turning down the media volume, I don't see anything specifically for that

Upvote 0
To get your calendar syncing again, download the BlurCalendarProvider.apk attached to this post, and place it in /system/app/ via whatever method.

in terminal emulator:

su
chmod 644 /system/app/BlurCalendarProvider.apk
reboot

and you're all set.

So I did this and still got nothing. I can't make a new event in my calendar. It just gets stuck thinking. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
To get your calendar syncing again, download the BlurCalendarProvider.apk attached to this post, and place it in /system/app/ via whatever method.

in terminal emulator:

su
reboot

and you're all set.

First error is directory is read only (set to read/write try again)
Second error says there is no such file or directory.

Double checked my syntax and spelling it sure looks like what you typed and matches the file name and directory path and Yes I have the apk in /system/app

How come this can't just be installed?

Upvote 0
Yeah... I got nothin. I even tried deleting and reinstalling it. I mean, I deleted ADW. That shouldn't have anything to do with it, should it? I even renamed Launcher2.apk. Maybe that's it.

if you haven't already, try going to your settings, then manage applications, and delete the data and cache for the calendar. this is generally the first thing you should try if you're having weird behavior with an app (but it doesn't always fix it).

Upvote 0
Yeah... I got nothin. I even tried deleting and reinstalling it. I mean, I deleted ADW. That shouldn't have anything to do with it, should it? I even renamed Launcher2.apk. Maybe that's it.

Mine just sticks at the "Loading Calendars" screen when I try to add a new event. Frustrating.

More Info: When trying to add a new event. After adding what it is and time and where... there is the "Calendar" drop down, nothing is in there, its like I don't have a selectable calendar... weird.

Upvote 0
First error is directory is read only (set to read/write try again)
Second error says there is no such file or directory.

Double checked my syntax and spelling it sure looks like what you typed and matches the file name and directory path and Yes I have the apk in /system/app

How come this can't just be installed?

You need to mount the system/app folder as RW first, then copy the file there, then change the permissions.

So... first, download the BlurCalendarProvider.apk

Place it on the root of your SD card, then follow these steps:

Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock3 /system
cp /sdcard/BlurCalendarProvider.apk /system/app
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock3 /system
reboot
Should be fine afterward.

Upvote 0
Mine just sticks at the "Loading Calendars" screen when I try to add a new event. Frustrating.

More Info: When trying to add a new event. After adding what it is and time and where... there is the "Calendar" drop down, nothing is in there, its like I don't have a selectable calendar... weird.
this is what im going through as well. Only, when I threw blurcalendar in the mix as well, it says no calendar to choose from when adding an event and reverts back to the month. I delete blurcalendar and it goes back to what sins is describing.

Upvote 0
This is what I'm getting when I try to add something new to my calendar.
CAP201009050940.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones