• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vaulty Free App :(

I downloaded the App and have been using it for months flawlessly. I recently broke the screen on my phone and I am now using a new device. Since i purchased the Vaulty Pro App, I was able to reinstall the app onto my new device but i dont have any of my pictures and videos. It appears that they are still in my old phone with the broken screen. Is there anyway i can get my pictures and videos into my new phone???

Upvote 0
Dear sir,
i am using an android mobile phone sumdays befor i installed an android application name [VAULTY] FROM MY ANDROID MOBILE PHON. Its and application where we can hide our photos or videos.and i hided some of my personnel photos in that application.after some days that application got deleted from my phone.i dont know how and also i losted all my photos which are their in that application.but thumbnail of those photos saved in my SD CARD and when i am opening those photos they are not opening.in their original form they are opening in HTML Form.i dont know how to get my images back and they are important for me.so please can you help me how can i get my images in orignal path. iwant them back those are really vry important....

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO YOU../.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

As a Wireless Sales Consultant at Best Buy Mobile, I run into this issue more times than I thought I would. I installed Vaulty back when I had a Samsung DROID Charge, just because I was always demoing my phone to customers and knew that some pictures were just NSFW. But when my phone got replaced by a Motorola DROID RAZR, I ran into the same issue as many of my customers, even though I had everything saved on my SD Card.

Well, I did some digging and found out how to unencrypt the hidden pictures data. If you look in the directory in which in you installed Vaulty, you should see a folder called vstdata-DONOTDELETE. Open the Cache folder inside of it and you should see a bunch of files with random numbers and letters as their titles. These are copies of all the images you had in your gallery. It's time consuming, but if you really want your pictures back, you can use a HEX Editor (I recommend HxD Hex Editor, which is available in a bunch of different languages) to modify the file's data. I found a tutorial on Squidtooth under apps > Vaulty Free > Help > Recover Vaults. I would like y'all, but I just registered. A quick Google Search should help, though!

Good luck, everyone!

Upvote 0
Hello Vaulty Developer,

I've had Vaulty for awhile I went from having a HTC inspire to switching to a Samsung Galaxy s2 Skyrocket, i made the transition and i downloaded the app on my new phone and scanned the app and the pictures and videos came back. While trying to update my Skyrocket Samsungs Klies failed and i lost all the firmware on my phone basically bricking it. I got a new phone and have the same Sim Card and micro SD card but i cant find any of the pictures or videos that i had from my old phone :( Please help!

Upvote 0
Vaulty (by Squid Tooth LLC)

stores your photos in DCIM folder on extSD card in a folder named Vaulty.
As far as I can see, it does not use any encryption scheme. It protects your privacy in a rather primitive way, by adding .nomedia in Vaulty folder and by changing your photo file type to 'vdata'. One could get hold of all your photos in their original form, just by copying them to a PC and rename the file type to .jpg .....

Upvote 0
I just unlocked over 2000 items I had in my vaulty. I was going to transfer them from my phone to my computer. Well afterwards I go to my gallery and not even half the items i unlocked are in there. I have tried powering down my phone, taking the sd card out everything. Vaulty is saying there are no files in it. I even tried the Vaulty option to scan for old vaults and files. Any Ideas???

Upvote 0
Hi , I've been using vaulty for many months and it has been great using it:)
But lately, it has started crashing as soon as i start the app, and thus all my data has been trapped within it. I've tried reinstalling and updating but neither of them worked. Is there any other way i can retrieve my data . Its not deleted, but is encrypted (most probably in the vstdata- DONOTDELETE folder).
please help me out:thinking::)

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have been using Vaulty app since 3 months and forgot my password. This App is stored in phone memory. Can some one please advise how can I get back my all files hide in this app.

I read another post for where we can restored photos if the Vaulty app stored in storage/memory card.

A quick help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I'm the developer of Vaulty. Sorry that you had trouble with this issue. It should be fixed now so just make sure you're using the latest version of Vaulty. You can also try turning your phone off and then back on to help the gallery find the pictures and videos that were unvaulted.
Hello Good day!

i've been trying to recovery my password but i cant remember it anymore, how can I recover the password or how can i changed the password that my picture will not be affected?I really wanted to open it as I have saved improtant picture. pls help me.

\thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones