• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Cyanogen Mod 10.1

Well, I have stepped out of my comfort zone by rooting and installing CM10.1. When I decide to update the next nightly build will I have to go through installing all apps and setting the phone up with widgets and such or does the new update just update code on existing ROM?

If you download the newest nightly build, reboot into recovery, wipe cache & delvik, you can then flash the new nightly and then the GApps. This will keep all of your settings and applications. This is what is referee to as a dirty flash.

Reactions: TritonDroid
Upvote 0
If you download the newest nightly build, reboot into recovery, wipe cache & delvik, you can then flash the new nightly and then the GApps. This will keep all of your settings and applications. This is what is referee to as a dirty flash.

Does this then retain all your past wallpaper/desktop setups? Also does it retain all of your logged in apps/forums?

Upvote 0
CyanogenMod does as well. I have flashed each of the nightly builds from the CMupdater application built in and have had zero issues with this ROM. It is incredibly fast and stable.

Just tried the built in updater and found it incredibly easy and efficient. Latest update seems to have optimized the auto rotate for the wallpaper/desktop.

Upvote 0
After days with absolutely no issues, I started getting "unfortunately, Google Voice has stopped". I have tried a clean install and even a different ROM. I am still unable to use Google Voice. Any suggestions please?

Can you restore an older backup from when it was working? I have not used Google Voice in quite a while because I never got it working properly with Verizon (on a voice mail side).

Upvote 0
I don't. my version and my back up are 0.4.2.72 since December 5. I use the voicemail just fine. It works even after it says it won't work wit my carrier Verizon.

When my phone goes to voicemail, it is someone else's mailbox. I have never been able to figure it out since I switched from a 3G DX to my 4G GNex last year. I miss Google Voice.

Upvote 0
When my phone goes to voicemail, it is someone else's mailbox. I have never been able to figure it out since I switched from a 3G DX to my 4G GNex last year. I miss Google Voice.

"If you are having trouble configuring Google Voice as your voicemail service on Verizon you can make the switch manually by dialing these three activation codes:

*71[Your Google Voice number]
*90[Your Google Voice number]
*92[Your Google Voice number]"

I did this once and never really had to set it up again. Now, every time I flash a new ROM or wipe I just go into Voice and sign in. It will bring up the Google window showing that it's asking for permissions or something, and just hit accept.

Reactions: Caveman419
Upvote 0
"If you are having trouble configuring Google Voice as your voicemail service on Verizon you can make the switch manually by dialing these three activation codes:

*71[Your Google Voice number]
*90[Your Google Voice number]
*92[Your Google Voice number]"

I did this once and never really had to set it up again. Now, every time I flash a new ROM or wipe I just go into Voice and sign in. It will bring up the Google window showing that it's asking for permissions or something, and just hit accept.

I will give this a try.

Upvote 0
Yes me too. I think it has to do with the desktop rotation but I haven't had a chance to verify it. I will with the new nightly I am downloading right now.

Went ahead and downloaded the 01/09/2013 nightly and it is back to normal. Thought I was going crazy....I should have taken a screenshot first.

I put mine in the dock at work and home so maybe something got borked up.

Upvote 0
Yes me too. I think it has to do with the desktop rotation but I haven't had a chance to verify it. I will with the new nightly I am downloading right now.

Do you have your desktop rotate or do you have that feature turned off? I just installed the latest nightly on mine, it would take at least half a day for it to happen. after I installed the new nightly I turn off the screen rotation feature.I will see if it happens again and report back.

Upvote 0
So, I'm quite happy with CM 10.1. CM10 was nice but it always had just a little too much battery consumption. Not awful, I was just always on the edge of not making it through the day - and despite my attempts, kernels didn't seem to address the problem.

10.1 has improved that, and LeanKernel has improved it even more. I'm just about back to where I was with CM9.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones