[Verizon] I think something is wrong with my phone or batt?

1. xintensex

xintensex Well-Known Member

Ok my phone or batt is acting up? I charge my phone to 100% and its dead within a hour?? Its the Ext Battery the batt app says its good battery? I am so confused? Also i take it off charger and its saying its charging still? Has anyone had this problem before? Also i thought maybe it was rom so i tried another same results? If anyone could give me some insight that would be great.
    Thx

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Did you do a complete wipe when you went from one ROM to the next? Can you get to your battery stats and see what apps are causing you to use battery?
  3. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

Going to assume you've tried a battery pull already. Also, you've tried another ROM, so that's weird. Any chance you could use another cable too? And what battery app are you using? Try something like CPU Spy to see if it's not powering down properly. I had issues using a kernel with my ROM that was draining me twice as fast, so went back to a stock one, was fine, so it might be a kernel thing too. What processes are running that is draining you so quick?

Check your sync settings, and backups and things, make sure they didn't somehow get cranked up?
  4. xintensex

Yeah I did full wipe, and yeah i check stats everything was normal??
  5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

does it say it's dead or does it actually shut off?
  6. xintensex

when i t gets real low it constantly flashes low battery untill it dies ??? popup that says battery use/ok
  7. quickaudi

Samsung extended battery or one of the mega batteries?
    How long have you had it? (If you're in the ~500 charging cycle range, you've probably dropped a cell and need a new battery.)
  8. xintensex

ok where do i check and see the charging cycle range?
  9. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Do you still have the original battery as well? If so, give it a shot and confirm or deny the battery as the cause.
  10. quickaudi

No place to check. It will be based on roughly how many times you have charged the phone.
  11. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

Just to check though, what processess are being shown as usage in Battery Stats? Screen/Media/OS? stuff like that? I know you said you checked your stats were normal, but just curious as to what's actually being used. Screenshot of the Battery screen perhaps?