Verizon Nexus One to be subsidized?

Last Updated:

1. Bisnicks

Bisnicks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do you think? We recently saw Google offer the Nexus One to AT&T customers, however without it being subsidized. Personally, I think since Verizon has been confirmed to have the phone ever since the announcement of the phone that you will be able to buy it subsidized.

Advertisement
  2. spangler07

spangler07 Well-Known Member

Yes. Verizon will offer subsidized pricing.

3. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be a subsidized price ... but it will be interesting to see exactly what the deal is. Hopefully it will be better than the fairly-unattractive deal offered to T-Mobile users; if not, sales are likely to be fairly weak, especially considering the other HTC Android phones that VZW will have on offer.

4. SBERG

SBERG Well-Known Member

I just left vzw for tmobile. Dont care how much better vzw's coverage is they charge way too much. My N1 should be here tomorrow. I paid full price for it and will be putting it on a 500 min,unl.sms and mms with full data for 59.99 a month. Vzw will never come close to that. Tmobile works fine where i live so i guess for me its ok. For those that are bound by vzw, sorry your gonna get taken for a ride. Expensive one at that.

5. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know ... but a lot of us live in places where T-Mobile just doesn't have coverage. :(

6. SBERG

SBERG Well-Known Member

I hear ya dude. Hope i didnt come across sounding critical. Im not at all. Just after a year and a half on vzw paying $155.00 a month for my storm(99.99 family plan and data on the storm. thnk god i only had data on one phone. That price is tax added on as well) i had enough. I was paying over $1800 a year with them. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Good thing we live in good coverage areas for tmobile. Paying Vzn prices feels like your being molested with no choices on how its going to happen. Same reason I left my ATT iPhone... $70/mo made me want to puke!

T-mo $40/mo data plan with 15% student discount and free Gizmo calls for the win!

8. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

That's cheap? Your plans over there really suck!

9. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

If I'm paying for a service and that service doesn't always work where I am, then I'd hardly call it being taken for a ride. VZW works ALMOST everywhere I go. I do a lot of back woods hiking and four wheeling... and odds are I have service.

You get what you pay for.

10. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

I would gladly pay $10k a month or more for a phone that always worked (fast data and no dropped calls). I use Verizon only because they have by far the best coverage in the areas (in the US) where I spend the most time. I could care less about the $500-1000 savings a year.

11. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

12. SBERG

SBERG Well-Known Member

I havent been in this forum long enough to rip anyone but i guess as a first i'll just say that the above post was the dumbest thing i ever read in a forum.
    I got a igloo in alaska i can sell ya for $1,000,000. Its always cold!!!!!!!!!!!

13. SBERG

SBERG Well-Known Member

To each his own ya know. If your cool with it then your good. Just my opinion from my own experience is all im expressing.

14. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

Without ripping anyone, I will say that saving $500-1000 a year and being willing to have less quality service does not make sense to me. $10k a month is a very small amount to not ever have to deal with the inconvinience of imperfect service. I am not in the market for an igloo or I would explore that listing further.

Dumb? Most that know me do not think so.

15. erikivy

erikivy Well-Known Member

Am I reading this right? $10,000 a month........that's a "very small amount?"

Damn, I need to hang to you! :)

16. SBERG

SBERG Well-Known Member

Enjoy. Your bill, your phone, do as you please.