• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help verizon "restocking fees"

dvigue

May 4, 2010
Maine
since im on my 30 days with verizon, i wanted to switch to the droid x. i already switched to the fascinate from a bold, and they charged me 35 bucks, to restock. what the hell? when i was with att through best buy, i went through 4 phones and never ever got charged..is there anyway around this stupid fee??

It's not only the re-stock fee. If you decide you dislike the replacement (in your case wanting the DX), you are stuck with the 2nd phone (the Fasc) no matter what. They won't allow you to pay another re-stock fee and get a 3rd phone.

IDK how you're going to go from the Bold to the Fascinate to the X. Unless something is terribly wrong with your Fasc, you're stuck with it. I had tried that a while back when I got an upgrade, exchanged it for some LG phone, paid the $35 fee and really didn't like it, tried to exchange for 3rd phone but was told I was stuck with it and there was nothing I could do.

Return Policy - Verizon Wireless

Upvote 0
It's not only the re-stock fee. If you decide you dislike the replacement (in your case wanting the DX), you are stuck with the 2nd phone (the Fasc) no matter what. They won't allow you to pay another re-stock fee and get a 3rd phone.

IDK how you're going to go from the Bold to the Fascinate to the X. Unless something is terribly wrong with your Fasc, you're stuck with it. I had tried that a while back when I got an upgrade, exchanged it for some LG phone, paid the $35 fee and really didn't like it, tried to exchange for 3rd phone but was told I was stuck with it and there was nothing I could do.

Return Policy - Verizon Wireless

This is true. Unless your Fascinate absolutely will not pick up a signal, and the X will, there is probably nothing you can do. You are stuck with the Fascinate because that was your one-time exchange under the 30 day worry free guarantee.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones