verizon "restocking fees"Support

Last Updated:

1. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

since im on my 30 days with verizon, i wanted to switch to the droid x. i already switched to the fascinate from a bold, and they charged me 35 bucks, to restock. what the hell? when i was with att through best buy, i went through 4 phones and never ever got charged..is there anyway around this stupid fee??

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Unfortunately, there is no way around it. It's Verizon policy and has been for a long time now.

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

They tell you that when you get the phone. For me it's a good thing. It keeps cost down due to those that want a free ride trying phone after phone after phone and driving costs up to the company and that gets passed on to all of us. Sorry.
    If you want to play YOU should pay, not all of us.

4. Little-Miss

Little-Miss Member

It's not only the re-stock fee. If you decide you dislike the replacement (in your case wanting the DX), you are stuck with the 2nd phone (the Fasc) no matter what. They won't allow you to pay another re-stock fee and get a 3rd phone.

IDK how you're going to go from the Bold to the Fascinate to the X. Unless something is terribly wrong with your Fasc, you're stuck with it. I had tried that a while back when I got an upgrade, exchanged it for some LG phone, paid the $35 fee and really didn't like it, tried to exchange for 3rd phone but was told I was stuck with it and there was nothing I could do.

Return Policy - Verizon Wireless

5. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

This is true. Unless your Fascinate absolutely will not pick up a signal, and the X will, there is probably nothing you can do. You are stuck with the Fascinate because that was your one-time exchange under the 30 day worry free guarantee.