• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

#Verizon's horrible customer service

Have you been treated poorly by Verizon?

• yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

JBG63

Lurker
Apr 24, 2015
I am an extremely busy person and my family has been with Verizon for over a decade. I bought a droid turbo from them in Nov and immediately had problems with it the replaced it. Then in dec or jan I had more issues and they replaced it again. So now I am even having more issues ( the phone randomly shutting off, slow, and overheating. I called them last week friday I believe the 17th of Nov and they said I had to take it to the store I bought it from in Sanford and they would replace it. I was out of town at the time and couldnt get over there until Sun where I was informed that they could not replace it but would have to order me one. I was upset why didnt they order me one when I spoke to them on the phone Friday? So I was told it would be delivered Tuesday. Fed X made a mistake and it was delayed until Wed. On wednesday delivery was attempted and I wasnt home. I contacted Fed x and they said they would make three total attempts. I asked them to deliver it to my apartment complex office and they refused saying Verizon doesnt allow it. The y told me I needed to contact Verizon. I immediately spoke with Verizon and they had me on the phone for over 15 minutes processing my request. I gave them the information on my office and permission to have it delivered there. They told me it was done and it WOULD be delivered to my apartment complex office on Thursday (next day). Today (Thur) I tracked the package on fed x website and it said the package had been returned to the sender (verizon). I was highly upset as I have been stuck with a dysfunctional phone for weeks now. I called Fed x and they informed me that Verizon had requested that the phone be returned and that I needed to contact Verizon. I called Verizon and the agent told me nothing could be done. I convinced him something needed to be done and he said he was going to contact fed x and have them reattempt delivery today he put me on hold and then came back on the line to ask my apartment complexs office address again (yikes) so i gave it to him and he put me on hold for another 15 min I am at work so I had to hang up. I called back to be sure it was going to be reattempted and the rude lady said no that they would need to ship another one out! WTF unbelievable so I asked her why when I was just told it would be redelivered she said she had no idea what the previous agent did if anything. I was melting down with anger at this point for the hours and hours of wasted and delayed time. I told her I wanted compensation..she asked me what I wanted and I said money to show appreciation for my time they wasted she offered 5 friken dollars!!! What an insult. They have me the edge program so I cannot leave them till the phone is paid off!! They have been unable to provide me with a consistent working phone and then make a joke of my inconvenience and time. At this point I want them to take the phone back and let me off the edge program with no money owed. I am tired of dealing with them. I have had many problems in the past with them but just never complained like I am now. They have ZERO consideration for a persons time while charging more than any other carrier. I spoke with a supervisors associate last evening still only offering 5 dollars. Keep in mind I bought a tablet from them during this process because my phone was so unreliable. They need to do something! #verizon could care less

4/24/2015 5:42 PM

I can heartily feel for your exasperation, and can only suggest that you try and keep your emotions under control when talking to the Customer Service representatives.

Those people have to sit for hours on end, listening to the most vile of language and they have to endure it with a "smiling voice".

I have been with Verizon for 20 plus years now, and have had a couple of delays in getting things done.

But, I did NOT take it out on the Customer Service Reps… I just waited until my temper cooled off and then called them to explain my circumstances, and how can we best get it taken care of?

I have explained that I have been with them for 20+ years or whatever it was (most recent was Nov, 2014) and that this problem should not have happened. I too, made a couple of trips to a local Retail Store to get help (misdirected there by an untrained CusSvcRep) and when they could not (VZW Rules, I bought online) the new CusSvc Supervisor (not a rep) explained that it was handled poorly, and that she would try to make amends.

She discounted the $35 upgrade fee, and I also received a Loyalty Award of a reduced monthly price for xyz months.

I have talked to those people many times over the last 20 years, and I have NEVER failed to get what I want…

It does not make any difference what brand of carrier you sign on to, People are just People…. They will respond to you in like manner to how you treat them.

Reactions: today and Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones