• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Viber 2.1.2 Crashing and powering off S2 on 2.3.5

@lelis -

As a whole, please note that at this stage we don't officially support custom ROMs with Viber. Running Viber on a custom ROM results in various side effects (sometimes total lack of functionality), but we can't afford to support all custom ROMs out there. We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more ROMS, but meanwhile - you might want to contact the ROM developer for further support - they may be able to resolve this issue.

Also, please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Can't download from Android market... | Viber Support
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Now, please still describe the problem with more details (what error exactly do you experience?). We still *might* be able to assist you.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I will try to describe the problem in details.
The proble is that I can't install the latest versions of viber. I've tried in 2 ways:
- from the android market: I cannot find Viber
- from the apk files downloaded in the phone: I run the installation but at the end of the process I get the message "not installed".

The only version I was able to install it was the 2.0.2. It works properly, but I would like to upgrade it to enjoy the new features of Viber ( I need photo messages for istance).
I got this problems after I changed the rom on my phone, everything was perfect whit the previous one.
If you want, I can provide you everything you might need to fix the problem and to improve your service.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, according to the error message it does indeed seem like the problem is caused by the fact that you're using a Lenovo device (not supported officially by Viber). We plan to expand Viber to more and more devices in the future, but unfortunately we still don't know when exactly the compatibility with Lenovo would be ready :(

When we have news, we will keep you posted, and of course also update it on our HelpDesk page.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Im from Malaysia.. I'm new in using viber. I have installed viber and tried calling my friend but it always says as poor signal with a red bar.....
I have tried calling many times but it's the same.

I'm using a Sony Xperia Miro phone, my viber version is 2.3.5. I connect internet using wifi....
Please help as how can I improve the call connection.....:(

Upvote 0
@lasr76 -

First, please test Viber when both sides of the conversation try a few different WiFi networks, in order to make sure this isn't a connection problem.

However, please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

Upvote 0
My Galaxy S3 suffers the same problem too. Viber crashed very often in following occasions:
- when sending a photo taken by phone camera within Viber app (not from Gallery). This happens very often (it crashed 8 out of 10 times I performed this). Phone reboots by itself after this.
- during a Viber call. It's just frozen. Non-responded screen. Normally I had to reboot the phone.

Both happens regularly, makes it very unreliable to use Viber.
My phone is running stock ROM, and I uninstalled and reinstalled Viber but problem's not fixed.
I recently performed factory reset on my handset and install Viber but problems are still there.
Please check.

Upvote 0
My Galaxy S3 suffers the same problem too. Viber crashed very often in following occasions:
- when sending a photo taken by phone camera within Viber app (not from Gallery). This happens very often (it crashed 8 out of 10 times I performed this). Phone reboots by itself after this.
- during a Viber call. It's just frozen. Non-responded screen. Normally I had to reboot the phone.

Both happens regularly, makes it very unreliable to use Viber.
My phone is running stock ROM, and I uninstalled and reinstalled Viber but problem's not fixed.
I recently performed factory reset on my handset and install Viber but problems are still there.
Please check.

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones