• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibrate just stop?

riotlove

Lurker
Sep 20, 2010
The other day the vibrate on my phone just stopped working out of nowhere. the haptic feedback, notifications, calls, anything just will not vibrate. i've checked every single possible vibrate box there is anywhere as well as tried to turn the phone on vibrate just to check and nothing.

any ideas besides a hard reset?

also what will a hard reset do? what all will i lose? i'm thinking apps, any pictures not on the sd card kinda thing?

i wanna take it to the sprint repair center but there's always a problem getting down there so i'm trying to see if i can fix anything myself.

A hard reset will wipe everything not on the SD card (all pics should be saved to the card). If you're using a Google acct for contacts and calender, that's b/u automatically. You'll have one opportunity to d/l all of your apps easily. After a reset after signing back in with your account, all your previously installed apps will be listed in the download section of the market and you can easily install them each in turn. If you quit the market or even change screen orientation, the list will be cleaned of everything but paid apps. If you're using a launch like Launcher Pro (highly recommended) your settings and layout can be backed up. When I change roms, about the only thin I have to configure is my email and twitter addresses and a few program configurations (mostly font sizes for my tired old eyes).

To the point. It's worth a try to hard reset, but I'm guessing you have a hardware issue that requires a replacement phone. I've had the vibrate fail on a couple of phones way back when in the old dumb phone days. Good luck!

Upvote 0
ya i have a suspicion they're gonna just replace it with a new phone which kinda sucks but whatever.

will i have that sort of option with the new phone?

and i have everyone saved to google but also some to phone as well and linked so they can have ringers. will i have to basically redo allll of those?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones