• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video MP4 files not readable (on computer, etc)

HTCs, like Samsungs, often require specific usb drivers in Windows, HTC Sync provides those.

The easy solution to avoiding file transfer issues - AirDroid.

Works over your wifi and it's free.

Put VLC on the laptop for playback.

Never used that one before, trying it out now... got my whole phone in the browser.. I like it. :)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I downloaded all the ubs things that come with HTC Sync it didn't work and I tried airdroid and it didn't work either...all the folders on the airdroid on my comp were empty i didn't feel like troubleshooting that ive been working on this problem for a week now...but i did get around my problem....
I uploaded everything to dropbox and then downloaded dropbox on my comp, I plugged in with my ubs and dropbox transferred everything from my mobile dropbox to my pc dropbox...They work now.... I didn't leave them in the dropbox I transferred them to my comp because of personal preference and they would only play in realtime and quick time not windows media...
i figured out if I record with my phone up and down they will not play in windows media but if I record with my phone being held sideways they do play in windows media player...Thank you everyone for the feed back on this issue....

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I downloaded all the ubs things that come with HTC Sync it didn't work and I tried airdroid and it didn't work either...all the folders on the airdroid on my comp were empty i didn't feel like troubleshooting that ive been working on this problem for a week now...but i did get around my problem....
I uploaded everything to dropbox and then downloaded dropbox on my comp, I plugged in with my ubs and dropbox transferred everything from my mobile dropbox to my pc dropbox...They work now.... I didn't leave them in the dropbox I transferred them to my comp because of personal preference and they would only play in realtime and quick time not windows media...
i figured out if I record with my phone up and down they will not play in windows media but if I record with my phone being held sideways they do play in windows media player...Thank you everyone for the feed back on this issue....

That's portrait mode vs landscape mode. Video was never intended to be taller than it is wider, unlike still photography. WMP probably can't deal with the non-standard aspect ratio of portrait mode video. I believe YouTube can deal with portrait mode videos, only thing is you get a tall video with huge black borders.

This issue has really come about since the advent of video capable phones. Because back in the day you wouldn't usually hold a cine-camera or camcorder sideways. Historically TVs and movies have always been landscape mode(except for Baird), unless you turn your TV on its side.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Why does the mp4 from my LG G4 not play on my pc?
I transferred a number of files to my PC today via a usb and they worked just fine on VLC. However, the largest file is 3.6GB and won't play and seems to be corrupted. Or perhaps it has been compressed and i need to alter the codec?
I am a newbie to this. Would love your help please. Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones