• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

view .zip files flashed to hero?

natorade93

Aug 17, 2010
New York
Iv flashed different .zip files to my hero, gapps, froyo mms fix, market fix etc. You get the point But im wondering how i can view a list of all the things iv flashed. Iv made many changes to my phone and would like to see what is currently flashed to my device.

And also i was wondering if theres a way to unflash this stuff and if not what will get rid of it? Because i hav no backups. They were all messed up and got deleted

no, most of them the only way to undo them is to reflash a rom. I'm also not aware of any way to really see what all you've flashed (not aware but possibly some sort of log is created). i only flash a rom/theme/gapps, so my solution is to just not keep older versions on my sd once i know things are going well.

Upvote 0
E Strongs file explorer will let you see the zips that are on your SD. It won't however tell you if you've flashed them or not. The only way I know of to un-flash is to do a Nandroid restore. That will take you back to where your phone was when you made the Nandroid.

Yea but what if you dont have a nandroid bbackup? Then how far back do you have to go to get rid of them? do they go away after every nightly? Or do i have to clsear data to factory defaults to get rid of em? Or do i havta actually flash back to the stock ruu to fully get rid of em

Upvote 0
Once you boot into recovery, wipe data/dalvik then flash your new ROM (or old ROM again) it will remove all of flashed zips that you did. It would be like starting over with a Fresh ROM.

Keep in mind, this is why you make nandroid backups, so that you can revert back if you don't like what you've done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones