• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin Mobile just tried to screw me!

Just a quick update for you all, after a couple of dodgy calls, I rang again and ensured I was recording the call and voila, all the data charges dropped and an incresase to my data allowances to 2GB to say sorry. Result.
Glad to hear it!

I would *never* go with a contract myself. I always used a pre-paid model where I pay first and if I use everything up, I simply have to recharge. You avoid insane charges like 50p/MB that way.

Heck, one customer sued a telecom company here after a VERY high bill due to his kids or something downloading and won because he claimed the 50cents/MB was in no relation with what it actually cost the company and was unreasonably more expensive than it could be. The judge ruled in his favour, saying that, if they can sell 1GB for

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it!

I would *never* go with a contract myself. I always used a pre-paid model where I pay first and if I use everything up, I simply have to recharge. You avoid insane charges like 50p/MB that way.

Heck, one customer sued a telecom company here after a VERY high bill due to his kids or something downloading and won because he claimed the 50cents/MB was in no relation with what it actually cost the company and was unreasonably more expensive than it could be. The judge ruled in his favour, saying that, if they can sell 1GB for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones