• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [ROM] AdvancedStock7 11/17/2014 OVERCLOCKED+STABLE+BATTERY_LIFE!

Ah hah - that was it, man. Good catch. :D

Now my compulsory pickiness can rest - at least for this issue. I really like 8sms more than ChompSMS - even though ChompSMS can send MMS without switching to 3G. I am a big fan of Apps that are completely inverted - including the settings. ChompSMS has an 'inverted' theme but its not totally inverted (Setting pages are white background with black text). Again, my compulsory pickiness :rolleyes:

------------

The settings should invert after a reboot :) although ive never tried.

Upvote 0
Oh no :( im sorry man

It's all good. I'm happy to have 8sms back and working. I don't send that many MMS messages so switching to 3G is good, although, I'd like to find a toggle that would allow to have the Network Mode switch between the two. Would save time by not going into Settings --> Mobile Data each time.

------------

Upvote 0
You can do one of the following:

A) Start to flash LG_SUPPLEMENTAL_PACKv2.zip and choose the specific APK file you want to install

- or -

B) Move that specific APK file to /system/app (***Note: DO NOT INSTALL IT AS A USER APP, IT WONT WORK.)(****NOTE2: MAKE SURE TO HAVE R,W ACCESS TO /SYSTEM AND ROOT PERMS, ALSO AFTER PUTTING THE APK THERE SET PERMISSIONS ON IT TO 755, AND OWNER IS ROOT. )(***NOTE3: REBOOT AFTER.)

Upvote 0
You can do one of the following:

A) Start to flash LG_SUPPLEMENTAL_PACKv2.zip and choose the specific APK file you want to install

- or -

B) Move that specific APK file to /system/app (***Note: DO NOT INSTALL IT AS A USER APP, IT WONT WORK.)(****NOTE2: MAKE SURE TO HAVE R,W ACCESS TO /SYSTEM AND ROOT PERMS, ALSO AFTER PUTTING THE APK THERE SET PERMISSIONS ON IT TO 755, AND OWNER IS ROOT. )(***NOTE3: REBOOT AFTER.)
Are you saying the flash zip file is interactive from within the recovery?

Setting permissions to 755 and owner to root doesn't mean much to me. I do all that stuff by long pressing a file and putting the read/write settings.

------------

Upvote 0
Loving this ROM but wondering if I can uninstall ChompSMS? I'm currently using mySMS as I like being able to get messages on all my devices and especially from my PC.

I would recommend 'freezing' it first before uninstalling. Then run the ROM for a while ensuring all is good and then uninstall ChopmSMS.

BTW, does MySMS send/receive MMS text messages? Also, does it have a 'dark theme'?

------------

Upvote 0
I would recommend 'freezing' it first before uninstalling. Then run the ROM for a while ensuring all is good and then uninstall ChopmSMS.

BTW, does MySMS send/receive MMS text messages? Also, does it have a 'dark theme'?

------------

It does have a few dark themes, not sure on the MMS text messages though as I was having problems with that before I decided to reset the phone and install this ROM, haven't tested it since

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones