• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] [ROM] AdvancedStock7 11/17/2014 OVERCLOCKED+STABLE+BATTERY_LIFE!

Not sure how long my phone has had problems sending/receiving MMS but I tried what the first post says but no luck. I use mySMS as my main but I would think if that failed to receive it ChompSMS would still receive it correctly after setting it up as the first post says, right? Something else I was noticing I've never looked at before is under 4G Settings IP address is 0.0.0.0, is it supposed to be like that? And Network provider button doesn't do anything. I'm on Virgin Mobile so not sure if that 4G settings stuff is supposed to be like that but MMS did work before, not sure what happened.

Upvote 0
MySMS does not work.

Use chompSMS. It is the only SMS That works with the MMS settings.

Dont believe me? Try it and find out. Its been discussed throughout this whole thread and I am sick of people constantly questioning it.

Read the OP, and if you cant find the answer read it again then read the whole thread.

This has been a PSA brought to you by everyone that has to answer these stupid questions.

Hey man, sometimes being rash and slightly inconsiderate is fine, but I don't believe he was questioning what you said in the OP at all. He was simply asking about it... It's okay as we all get mad. But as this thread, and all of them on android forums are for the betterment of all android phones. This isn't really constructional to cut people down...

Upvote 0
Hey man, sometimes being rash and slightly inconsiderate is fine, but I don't believe he was questioning what you said in the OP at all. He was simply asking about it... It's okay as we all get mad. But as this thread, and all of them on android forums are for the betterment of all android phones. This isn't really constructional to cut people down...

I edited the post. I have had a bad day.

Appreciate the reply but as I said, I DID setup ChompSMS but am still not able to receive MMS messages in it...forget I mentioned MySMS, I use it to reply from other devices, mainly my PC...ChompSMS, which I have setup as the first post says, is still unable to receive MMS messages.

Try also enabling "Activate Mobile Data" if that doesnt work try updating your profile from the systen updates option.

Reactions: DevoutDev
Upvote 0
I've been monitoring this forum since I got my f3 over a year ago. I had been watching this ROM develop and decided to jump on when I saw the OC was working. Its incredible I've been running it for a few days now and ZERO issues (that I haven't created myself). I've been very silent on this forum (I've been busy with other projects). I'm determined to solve the storage issue once and for all and am planning on buying another f3 so I can help more without risking my daily driver. Right now in using link2sd with your swap tool without a problem. I install over 100mb in apps and >2mb goes to my internal. As has been stated any script that loads post boot will send something to the internal but that's pretty good if you ask me. One if my other devices had a script that you flashed with cwm and did it pre-boot which I'm looking into (though practically the way it is now is beyond good enough)

Thank you Sandix for this ROM

Thank you robaho for the OC

Thank you xclusive36 for the SU and all you other work on this forum

Upvote 0
I've been monitoring this forum since I got my f3 over a year ago. I had been watching this ROM develop and decided to jump on when I saw the OC was working. Its incredible I've been running it for a few days now and ZERO issues (that I haven't created myself). I've been very silent on this forum (I've been busy with other projects). I'm determined to solve the storage issue once and for all and am planning on buying another f3 so I can help more without risking my daily driver. Right now in using link2sd with your swap tool without a problem. I install over 100mb in apps and >2mb goes to my internal. As has been stated any script that loads post boot will send something to the internal but that's pretty good if you ask me. One if my other devices had a script that you flashed with cwm and did it pre-boot which I'm looking into (though practically the way it is now is beyond good enough)

Thank you Sandix for this ROM

Thank you robaho for the OC

Thank you xclusive36 for the SU and all you other work on this forum

Can you PM where you found that script that does this Pre-boot. I would like to see it.

And I hope you enjoy this ROM, and thank you for the support!

Upvote 0
I might as well ask if I can uninstall apex as I use nova and I initially tested link2sd with androidguy1991s script using you auto init.d and found that if I enabled it at boot it would show the external and internal both as my external however if I disabled it at boot and waited for the SD card scan to finish then unchecked the disable box ran it and rechecked it it would work fine. Is there a way to set a delay so it waits for the SD to scan before running scripts

Upvote 0
Apex you can uninstall if you choose, just make sure you have another launcher installed first. for the UID conflicts, seems to be an issue with this ROM and titanium back, I would download the apps again from the Play store and see if you still have that issue, also there is way to fix the UID issues without uninstalling the app that is causing the problem, there is a post somewhere in this thread that explains how to fix it in more detail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones