• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Virtuous 3.2 and Swype - bad couple?

JSS12

Android Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2010
New York City, NY
Hey all,

So I have had Virtuous 3.2 up and running for some time now... and it's wonderful!

My only issue is that I am part of the Swype beta, yet when I try to install Swype on my phone after some time it throws my phone into a boot loop.

I recently installed Virtuous 3.2 after performing a complete factory wipe (all cache and dalvik etc included). I put all my apps on and left my phone alone for sometime. I recently added the HeyItsLou #4 kernel and again left it for several days with no problems. Then performed a nandroid backup (thank god).

Since then the only thing that I added to my phone was Swype --> boot loop. Did a Nand restore and all is back to normal - except without Swype.

Anyone else having these issues? Will there be a fix for this?

Thanks!

-JSS

I'm running Virtuous 3.2 and Swype. The only issue that i have is that sometimes i go to use it and it just beeps at me. I have to long click on the message, select "Input Method" change it to the standard Keyboard, and then repeat the process selecting "Swype" and it fixes the problem. That happens about once or twice a month.

So 24 hours in and so far all is well, but already today I had this issue... I hope it is just once or twice a month and not a daily occurrence.

Is this something that most ppl have to deal with?
Something they will likely fix?

Upvote 0
So 24 hours in and so far all is well, but already today I had this issue... I hope it is just once or twice a month and not a daily occurrence.

Is this something that most ppl have to deal with?
Something they will likely fix?

The issue with having to reselect Swype via the "Input Method" usually happens only after a reboot. For me, every time I reboot, I have to long-press a text box, select the standard keyboard and then immediately reselect Swype. This works every time and don't have to do it again until a phone reboot.

Reactions: DrHack
Upvote 0
The issue with having to reselect Swype via the "Input Method" usually happens only after a reboot. For me, every time I reboot, I have to long-press a text box, select the standard keyboard and then immediately reselect Swype. This works every time and don't have to do it again until a phone reboot.

Thanks for that. I couldn't figure out what was triggering it. At least now I'll know when to expect it and can just fix it as soon as i reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones