• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vodafone GPRS (India) on HTC Tattoo

I switched to Vodafone Mobile Connect in Chennai

The Rates are not as they have put in the Website nor their customer care claims.

Plan VMC25 -- 25 Rs per Month
10 MB Data free and 5 ps per 10 KB after first 10 MB.

Plan VMC50 -- 50 Rs per Month
35 MB Data Free and 5 ps per 10 KB after first 35 MB.

Steps to Activate.

Send SMS 'CAN VL' to 111 // To Cancel Vodafone life if u used a paid service as i did.

Send SMS 'ACT VMC25' or 'ACT VMC50' to 111 // To activate VMC on your mobile.

The request will be completed with in 24 hrs, It happened to me. Now almost everything works rite from market to maps on my Samsung Galaxy i7500.

Upvote 0
I have tried with below mentioned settings in my HTC Desire for Vodafone Live. its working fine though speed is too slow.

Go to Settings >> Wirelsess and Network >> Mobile Networks(set options for roaming,networks, APNs) >> Access Point Names then click the Menu button then New APN. After this just give the below settings.

Name: Vodafone live
APN: portalnmms
IP address: 10.10.1.100
Port: 9401
Username:< blank>
Password:< blank>
* Rest other field just don't fill up .....

Reactions: Ays
Upvote 0
Thanks a Ton ! Finally a combination that worked !
I have tried with below mentioned settings in my HTC Desire for Vodafone Live. its working fine though speed is too slow.

Go to Settings >> Wirelsess and Network >> Mobile Networks(set options for roaming,networks, APNs) >> Access Point Names then click the Menu button then New APN. After this just give the below settings.

Name: Vodafone live
APN: portalnmms
IP address: 10.10.1.100
Port: 9401
Username:< blank>
Password:< blank>
* Rest other field just don't fill up .....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones