• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Volume on Notifications

earthdog

Nov 6, 2009
Well its been a heck of a week in the phone world for me. I had an iPhone 4 and went to the Inspire for more real estate for my failing eyes. But I had the low volumes of the stock notifications. Then I got the Motorola Atrix... notification volume is AWESOME but the screen is too small due to the increased resolution. So now I am back to the Inspire.

Can someone help me with the notification volume controls etc... I am an Android newbie. I need something so I can keep my phone in my pocket and hear the notifications.

Apparently I am blind and deaf :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Well its been a heck of a week in the phone world for me. I had an iPhone 4 and went to the Inspire for more real estate for my failing eyes. But I had the low volumes of the stock notifications. Then I got the Motorola Atrix... notification volume is AWESOME but the screen is too small due to the increased resolution. So now I am back to the Inspire.

Can someone help me with the notification volume controls etc... I am an Android newbie. I need something so I can keep my phone in my pocket and hear the notifications.

The best scenario is to download zedge and use those tones they are 10x louder

Upvote 0
My only complaint that I have with this phone is the volume even when I use ringtones from my SD card the phone is so quiet. I took back the Atrix to get this one now I am wondering if I did the right thing. Help please! The guy at AT&T told me I could only do an exchange one time in 30 days even though I bought it outright. So am I sol since I have already done one?

Upvote 0

Did they give you a hard time exchanging twice in the 30 days? I started with the Atrix then my friend got the HTC and the screen was amazaing so I exchanged it for the inspire and at the time the rep told me that he hopes that I like it because there is only one exchange in the 30 days even though I bought it off contract. Is that true? I am having regrets the sound thing is a huge deal to me.

Upvote 0
Did they give you a hard time exchanging twice in the 30 days? I started with the Atrix then my friend got the HTC and the screen was amazaing so I exchanged it for the inspire and at the time the rep told me that he hopes that I like it because there is only one exchange in the 30 days even though I bought it off contract. Is that true? I am having regrets the sound thing is a huge deal to me.

This is not true! I have returned my blackberry torch for the Inspire and have already returned one inspire. They said if I wish to try another phone if the Inspire gives me problems I can within the thirty day period.

Upvote 0
You also might want to try "missed reminders" app. I especially like it for missed text messages, cuz if you happen not to hear it, could be awhile. I also set it for missed calls. Customizable from every 30secs to beyond....even different tone for reminder. give it a try! BTW my husband works in construction and has the general lee horn (zedge) for his text notification WICKED LOUD!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones