• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vtab noob questions!

concealer404

Jan 23, 2012
Alright, i'm finally getting geeked out enough on this to try to customize it all how i want. :)

I've downloaded VTL Launcher and so far, i'm pretty impressed with it. i do need to do more work on widgets and such, but my burning question right now is how the heck do i change the background/wallpaper on this? I already paid for the app, i don't feel the need to be told what launcher i'm using every time i see my home screen. :p

Long press the screen in a blank area and then select wallpaper and follow the prompts.

Only gives me the option to select the vtl logo wallpaper, unfortunately.

I can't seem to get that command to point to my gallery.

Do my wallpapers have to be in a special folder maybe?

Hrmmm, background changed by changing to ADW Blue theme. Still can't change to a custom background of my choosing though. Blue theme sucked and it was a battle to get to back to the vtl default. Still don't have the circles up top that tell me what "page" I'm on though. Lost those in the theme shenanigans, can't figure out how to get them back.

This is pretty frustrating.

No progress, still can't change wallpaper and I seem to have jacked something else up.

Yep, i'm stuck!

This is almost as bad as when I tried ubuntu back in 2005.

I think you posted this same question over at the AndroidTablet forums. answer is there.
But I'll get it and post it here as well.

Ok, I have your answer. I have the VTAB1008 probably the same thing you have since the 3010 is not out yet.
I also have the VTL.Launcher installed. So we should be on the same page.
Download this app https://market.android.com/details?i...izardrii&hl=en
Open it, select your picture, you can crop, scale etc. Then set it as your wallpaper. Go back to your screen and VIOLA you still have the same old wallpaper?
No problem, Turn your tablet off. Now turn it back on. When it loads up and you unlock the screen you should see your new wallpaper.
This really is a sweet tablet for the price, but because of the way Vizio set it up it has some quirks. Nothing that can't be worked around. Like this wallpaper issue, it just takes a restart for the new wallpaper to be made active.
Also this
concealer404 said:
Still don't have the circles up top that tell me what "page" I'm on though. Lost those in the theme shenanigans, can't figure out how to get them back.

While VTL is based out of ADW, they are not 100% compatible. Uninstall ADW and VTL.Launcher, restart the tablet and then reinstall VTL and see if that gets your screen markers back.

The launcher home screen comment was because the VTL wallpaper is up?
The instructions given will get you what ever wallpaper you want.
Not sure though how well this works with live WP, but is 100% on pictures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones