• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VZW rolling out 4.2.2

Been trying the services trick too, no joy, but thats usually been hit or miss for me.

It's really a letdown reading about the radios being worse! I've seen several posts here and there about the same thing, ie revert to the 4.1.1 radios. I still get crackles and pops sometimes when talking to my wife (another gnex user), was hoping thats fixed.

bummer.

Upvote 0
Been trying the services trick too, no joy, but thats usually been hit or miss for me.

It's really a letdown reading about the radios being worse! I've seen several posts here and there about the same thing, ie revert to the 4.1.1 radios. I still get crackles and pops sometimes when talking to my wife (another gnex user), was hoping thats fixed.

bummer.

You never know, I'm on a custom rom so perhaps something conflicted with it but stock will be fine? Too many variables in my setup to use it as a reference point I should have mentioned that in my earlier post.

Upvote 0
I'm always tempted to go back to the 4.0.4 radios... lol! Had to toggle airplane mode much less on 4.0.4 compared with 4.1.1, but also I've had different roms seem to affect that too. I'm not convinced that is only a radio issue... probably just have to try different configurations to see which one works best. And probably have to test each configuration for a few days or weeks... now that takes more patience than toggling airplane mode once a day...

I'm waiting on the 4.2.2 factory image to be posted... I'll do a comparison with the leaked ota to see what's different.

Upvote 0
Has the clear services framework worked for anyone? Not working for me in NJ.

Can someone refresh my memory on how to do this. I tried searching and couldn't find it :(

EDIT: OK, found it. Didn't get me the update though.

EDIT #2: Deleted the "how to clear Framework Services" since it is causing issues with the Play store on some phones. Sorry about that. I didn't see any of those errors when I tried it.

Upvote 0
Just got the OTA 4.2.2.
Turned on my GNEX and it said it was ready to install the update and it did.
Can't see much difference.
I used to be able to turn it on, swipe from right to left and the camera would load. Not anymore and can;t find the setting for it. That was really handy.
Any ideas how to get that back?

Upvote 0
Just got the OTA 4.2.2.
Turned on my GNEX and it said it was ready to install the update and it did.
Can't see much difference.
I used to be able to turn it on, swipe from right to left and the camera would load. Not anymore and can;t find the setting for it. That was really handy.
Any ideas how to get that back?

You still can, but it has been slightly changed. Instead of the camera being a shortcut in the lock, it is now a lock screen widget on the right. To access it, scroll the screen instead of the lock to the right and let go and it will go right into the camera.

Upvote 0
You still can, but it has been slightly changed. Instead of the camera being a shortcut in the lock, it is now a lock screen widget on the right. To access it, scroll the screen instead of the lock to the right and let go and it will go right into the camera.

Got it!
Scroll from right to left you get the camera. Left to right you get to add more lock screen widgets however, the selection is minimal.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0
I cleared the google framework data in an attempt to force the download, and now I can't download or update anything from google play.

Get an "error retrieving information from server {RPC:S-5AEC 0}"

Any thoughts?

I had this too. I had to remove the Google account associated with Google Play and then add the account back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones