• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

w009 (chinese iphone fake)

Hey there,

I was given this chinese iphone knock off as a gift and while I'm thankful for the gift, the OS sucks badly. It's goes by the part number w009 and it's a dual sim phone (W009,WIFI, COMPASS, CHINA, PHONE | | AllyMobile). I'd like to see if there's a chance of getting Android working on this phone. I already downloaded and installed the SDK on my Mac and did a few tutorials however I'm not development or code scripting savvy.

The phone's current OS is actually linux based and it's totally unlocked. I'm currently sifting through various forums piecing together to try and figure this out on my own but I thought I would also make this post to see if anyone could offer a suggestion or direct me to a post dealing with this situation specifically.

Thanks in advance,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones