• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Waking up screen from a timeout

I have this frustrating problem. I have my screen timeout at 30s. So say when I'm reading a webpage and after 30s of non activity the screen turns off on me while I'm reading. During this immediate moment the phone is not yet locked. I quickly turn back on the screen by pressing the home button to continue my reading. The screen turns on but it also returns to the home screen! I wish it would stay at my last screen whenever I wake up the display again! Try it and you will know what I am talking about. So when it goes to homescreen I have to open the browser once again etc. On the iphone this is not the case. Or is there another method to turn on the screen again?

Im familiar with what you're talking about and yes, it is a pita. Another thing it does is when you're using your browser and you get a text message, you answer the text message and hit the back button and once again, yer taken back to the homesceen insted of back to yer browser. Unfortunitely, this appears to be a ICS 4.0.4 thing. Maybe it will be sorted out if/when we get JB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones