• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wallpapers

davomyster

Lurker
Jul 7, 2011
I've searched all over but no luck so far. Where is the current, active wallpaper stored? I set my wallpaper when I first got my phone and I'd like to back it up before I test out some other wallpapers.

So does anyone know where the active wallpaper is stored on the Nexus S's file system?

If you used Menu > Wallpaper > you get 3 options - Gallery, Live wallpaper and Wallpaper then any choice out of the latter 2 groups would be part of the stock wallpapers the Nexus is preloaded with. these won't be 'lost', even after factory reset. The first group, Gallery is usbject to what pictures you choose after you took photos with your camera or downloaded some to your Nexus. These are normally stored in the SD/USB storage part of the device and normally in a folder created by the system called DCIM, which also may have two subfolders, 100ANDPro and Camera. Hope this makes it clear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones